Organization: City of Marysville
Title: GIS Supervisor
Location: Marysville, WA USA
SALARY: $7,430.00 - $9,320.00 Monthly
OPENING DATE: 01/18/2019
CLOSING DATE: Continuous, open until filled.
First review of applications 2/8/2019.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES:
Other duties may be assigned as needed
1. Designs, develops and manages the city's geographic information system including the development and maintenance of the city's GIS data, hardware and software; assesses department needs; researches technological advances and ensures the city's geographic information system's data and capabilities remain current.
2. Coordinates GIS work flow, including receiving requests from user departments, prioritizing them with the assistance of the department director, and coordinating projects between user groups and GIS staff to ensure completion of assignments.
3. Supervises division staff, including participating in the hiring process for new employees, assigning tasks, providing appropriate training, reviewing employees' work processes and products, counseling employees, giving performance evaluations, and recommending disciplinary action.
4. Manages database development projects; develops and maintains systems to integrate new and existing databases.
5. Prepares written reports of GIS activities; runs statistical queries from the city's GIS for various departments.
6. Provides support to system users regarding custom data and mapping products; consults with staff to assess custom needs; provides custom maps, reports or data extracts accordingly.
7. Creates and maintains standard operating procedures and policies for GIS databases; recommends short and long range plans to meet the city's GIS needs.
8. Oversees, directs and supervises the development and implementation of the City's asset management system which incorporates a computerized maintenance management system.
9. Trains and assists users; provides technical guidance and support for the user group and departmental staff on GIS systems, applications and procedures.
10. Interprets plans, photos and maps; inputs, edits and verifies data in the GIS system; prepares and maintains a variety of base and specialty maps, records, and reports related to land use, public works and other data.
11. Coordinates GIS user group meetings and development of citywide GIS strategy and annual work program; meets with user groups to determine needs and direction of projects.
12. Participates in the development of city policies regarding the provision of geographic data to the public; ensures adherence to established policies.
13. Participates on city and regional GIS related forums and committees.
A combination of the experience, education, and training listed below which provides an equivalent background to perform the work of this position.
• Four years increasingly responsible experience developing and maintaining a GIS system.
• Prior experience in a lead or supervisory capacity.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in geographic information system, computer science, engineering, geography, earth sciences, or related degree with specific training in GIS technology.
• Ability to effectively use all GIS hardware and peripherals proficiently including windows based computer and related software applications that support the geographic information system function including ESRI software; ability to learn new software or techniques to complete assigned tasks.
• Ability to interpret maps, legal descriptions, and a variety of other planning documents.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of geographic information systems, particularly Arclnfo.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of geographic information systems database design and maintenance.
• Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of subordinate employees.
• Must possess, or have the ability to possess within one month of hire date, a Washington State Driver's License.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT
1049 State Avenue
Marysville, WA 98270
An Equal Opportunity Employer
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse