Organization: Liberty for Department of Veterans Affairs
Title: ArcGIS System Administrator
Location: 811 Vermont Ave NW, Washington DC 20571
Contact Info: email@example.com; Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties and Responsibilities
Administer all aspects of ArcGIS Server, Portal, and ArcGIS Online, including performance monitoring and tuning, service configuration, security, and licensing.
Architect, implement and support a scalable, highly available enterprise ArcGIS Platform.
Administer ArcGIS license servers.
Automate Server administration and operation.
Maintain virtual servers and applications in production and non-production environments.
Design and implement an Enterprise GIS System that continues to meet customer demands over time as technology improves.
Collaborate with various IT professionals to proactively maintain a production GIS system consisting of Windows servers, network load balancers, network storages and various databases in order to deliver high quality GIS products and services to customers.
Troubleshoot hardware, software, and other system components.
Maintain data system documentation: i.e. system data plan
• Expert knowledge and experience with ESRI suite of ArcGIS enterprise software at version 10.4.x and above including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE and Portal for ArcGIS.
• Knowledge of Windows server administrator concepts and principles.
• Ability to work within a team on diverse physical, biological, medical and engineering projects and subject matter experts within the agency.
• Ability to orally communicate technical information effectively to government managers and analysts, geospatial colleagues, and interested individuals.
• Efficient in Python-language-based scripting skills.
• Candidate must live in Washington DC metro or be willing to relocate there.
Job Type: Full-time
Esri ArcGIS 5-7+ years (Required)
Microsoft SQL Server 4+ years (Required)
Washington, DC (Required)
United States (Required)
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse