Organization: MIKIBA (contractor to U.S. Bureau of Reclamation)
Title: Senior GIS / Remote Sensing Analyst
Location: Carson City, NV
MIKIBA is a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) which provides full-service/client-focused IT solutions, staffing, and development, and Business Process Outsourcing services. We are headquartered in Dallas, TX and have 20+ combined years of staffing for government agencies and private sectors. Our team offers a unique approach to the staffing process which blends people, processes, and experiences to ensure the right resources are consistently matched with the right engagements during project initiation, delivery, and beyond.
The mission of the Bureau of Reclamation is to manage, develop, and protect water and related resources in an environmentally and economically sound manner in the interest of the American public.
The successful applicant will provide contract GIS support to the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation Lahontan Basin Area Office in Carson City, NV. The analyst will assist Bureau GIS personnel with mapping and maintenance of information related to Reclamation water systems.
- Basic GIS functions. Spatial and attribute data entry and editing
- GIS analysis
- Data migration
- GIS workflow management
- Database/Geodatabase design and management, including domains and subtypes
- Cartographic design and map production
- ArcGIS Online/Portal data, web map and application development and management
- Mobile applications deployment (ESRI Collector, Survey123)
- Minimum 5 years increasingly responsible GIS experience
- Working knowledge of remote sensing image processing and classification techniques
- Bachelorís degree (Engineering, Natural Sciences, Information Technology, Geography) Masterís preferred
- Database design, querying, management
- Python scripting
- Demonstrated proficiency in the ESRI software suite (ArcGIS Desktop, AGOL, Web Appbuilder, Collector, Survey123)
- Design and deploy custom apps using ESRIís AGOL/Portal technology
- Analytical aptitude. Detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently on assigned projects, as well as within a team environment
- Ability to perform fieldwork
- Valid driverís license
- Up to 20% travel (fieldwork and trips to regional office in Sacramento, CA)
- Health insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401k plan, with employer match (1 year eligibility requirement with semi-annual entry)
Salary range for this Full-Time position is negotiable based upon experience. The anticipated start date for this position is ASAP.
Please submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
MIKIBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse