Organization: The Sanborn Map Company, Inc.
Title: Geospatial Web Publishing Server Specialist
Location: Denver, CO
Join Sanborn’s award-winning team! Sanborn is looking for a Geospatial Web Publishing Server Specialist to work onsite with our federal government client in Denver, Colorado where the primary responsibilities of the Geospatial Web Publishing Server Specialist for the Landscape Approach will be to publish, monitor and manage ArcGIS Servers services for Landscape Approach Initiatives, such as the Rapid Ecoregional Assessments (REA), manage the ArcGIS Server sites that host the services and help develop and manage the Geoportal Server platform that is used for the Landscape Approach Data Portal.
They will monitor and enhance the ArcGIS Servers used by the Landscape Approach Initiatives. They will assist with software upgrades and patches for the SQL Server Enterprise Geospatial Databases and ArcGIS Servers and assist with hardware updates/migrations. They will request new servers for ArcGIS Server, additional file storage, and new Active Directory groups for the Landscape Approach Initiatives. They will monitor and improve the existing GIS and IT infrastructure.
For the Landscape Approach Data Portal (hosted by Geoportal server), they will develop and manage the look, feel, and functionality for the Landscape Approach Data Portal in the Sandbox, Development, Test and Production Environments using the ESRI Geoportal Server configuration and customization files. In addition, this position will assist in the managing various geospatial publication and distribution software such as: Geoportal Server, ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online for Organization, Story Maps, and SharePoint. This position will be onsite at the National Operations Center (NOC) in Denver, CO, but will serve customers across the agency.
• Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Ecology, Soils, Geology, Hydrology, Geography, Computer
Science, Mathematics or Earth Science
• Master’s Degree is highly desired
• Minimum of 7-10 years of directly related intensive and progressive experience
Demonstrate capacity to fulfill the following required skills:
1. Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 2 years designing and developing ESRI Geoportal Server (1.2.9 and 2.6.x) including configuration files, Lucene indexing, and Elasticsearch components.
2. Knowledge of Elasticsearch for use in search engine operations and performance enhancements.
3. Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 4 years publishing geospatial data using ArcGIS Server. Offeror should highlight in narrative their understanding of the utility and limitations of publishing data through ArcGIS Server.
4. Familiarity with SQL Server Management Studio for troubleshooting and modification of databases and their tables.
5. Demonstrate professional experience in understanding firewall configuration for application development especially regarding Geoportal Server and ArcGIS Server.
6. Demonstrate professional experience in managing a secure and hardening Apache Tomcat Server.
7. Demonstrate professional knowledge of concepts and principles of geospatial data management.
8. Demonstrate professional knowledge in applying geospatial technologies to address natural resource and/or land management business requirements.
9. Demonstrate knowledge working with variety of geospatial datasets from sources within and external to the federal government.
10. Demonstrate ability to communicate technical information effectively to lay persons and geospatial technical experts alike.
11. Familiarity with monitoring tools such as “What’s Up Gold?” for server infrastructure status and performance.
12. Familiarity with Splunk for detection and analysis of anomalous access of server infrastructure on firewalls.
13. Familiarity with browser developer tools for network performance analysis of ArcGIS Server map services and other web-based services.
14. Familiarity with Google Console for analysis of sitemap performance and Search Engine Optimization.
15. Demonstrate experience in developing written technical documentation (such as metadata, training materials, workflow diagrams, white papers, etc.).
18. Preference will be given to those candidates that demonstrate experience of greater than 2 years creating and validating metadata to meet specified standards.
19. Preference will be given to those candidates that demonstrate working with FDGC metadata standards in XML.
The candidate shall conduct the following work in support of Enterprise Geospatial Programs:
1. Design, configure and maintain the Elasticsearch components for Geoportal Server (see Req # 2).
2. Maintain, monitor, and enhance ArcGIS Servers for Landscape Approach Initiatives such as the REAs.
3. Ensure SQL Server Enterprise Geospatial database are operational.
4. Coordinate releases for Landscape Approach Data Portal from Sandbox to Development to Test to Production Environment.
5. Develop and manage the look, feel, and functionality of the Landscape Approach Data Portal in the Sandbox, Development, Test and Production Environments using the ESRI Geoportal Server configuration and customization files.
6. Understand application administration for Apache Tomcat server in relationship to Geoportal Server.
7. Act as a liaison between IT and DRS operations (see Req # 10).
8. Ensure Landscape Approach ArcGIS Server GIS Services adhere to naming standards, service metadata standards, and publication processes.
9. Assist with Windows and ESRI Software upgrades and patches for the SQL Server Enterprise Geospatial databases, ArcGIS Servers, and Geoportal servers.
10. Request new servers for ArcGIS Server, additional file storage, and new Active Directory groups for Landscape Approach Initiatives.
11. Assist in the managing and use of various geospatial publication and distribution software such as: Geoportal Server, ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, and ArcGIS Online for Organizations.
12. Use monitoring applications for infrastructure problem detection and analysis (see Req # 11).
13. Use detection and analysis applications for discriminating anomalous access of production servers at the external and internal firewalls (see Req # 12).
14. Use applications such as browser developer tools to measure response levels of production services (see Req # 13).
15. Use Search Engine Optimizer tools to discover and analyze sitemap performance (see Req # 14).
16. Provide general guidance for Web Map viewers using ArcGIS Server GIS services in web map viewers such as Latitude Geographics Geocortex@, ArcGIS Online, Web App Builder and Portal for ArcGIS.
17. Assist in trouble shooting ESRI ArcGIS Server, Geoportal Server and Desktops software.
18. Prepare weekly status reporting.
19. Participate in the monthly/weekly Geospatial and Landscape Approach calls.
20. Participate in design reviews for server architecture as required.
21. Write justifications and change management documents for new and enhanced software requirements.
22. Mitigate critical and major security issues discovered by Network Security by applying updates and patches to software applications.
CANDIDATE PERSONNEL SECURITY AND SUITABILITY REQUIREMENTS
The following forms and inquiries, or their equivalent, will be used to initiate the credentialing process:
•OPM Standard Form 85 or 85P
•National Criminal History Check (NCHC)
•Release to Obtain Credit Information
•PIV card application
If selected to fill the position, a candidate would be required to pass a drug screen and satisfy the requirements of a National Criminal History Check (NCHC) to verify the identity of the individual applying for clearance and to determine the individual’s suitability for the position.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current work visa.
Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability and life insurance benefits.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com to apply for this position. Sanborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Vet/Disability.
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse