Organization: Oscar Technology
Title: GIS Developer
Location: San Ramon/Walnut Creek, CA
Looking to bring a GIS Developer on. We are looking for someone from a .Net web development background with a strong front end expertise, as well as hands on experience with ESRI or GIS.
Let me know your thoughts on the description below:
• Collect, compile and process data from Field staff, as well as other GIS Analysts, to produce maps, reports, and metrics using basic GIS spatial analysis methods, ArcGIS models, and python scripts
• Organize and track large sets of geospatial data from various sources.
• Assist with digital and print delivery of mapping products.
• Work primarily within an ESRI ArcGIS and Microsoft Office environment.
• Perform basic geoprocessing and cartographic functions; work with complex aspects of the ESRI and ArcGIS models and python scripts developed by the company to support the Vegetation Management Program.
• Utilize Microsoft Excel and Access to collect and process data.
• Work independently as well as in a team environment with other GIS Analysts, supervisors, and interns.
• Collaborate with other GIS Analysts to provide ideas and innovative solutions to Project Managers and other staff.
• Bachelor's degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Environmental Science or related field is desired.
• Practical experience with Model Builder and Python, including the ability to troubleshoot simple issues.
• Experience with .Net
• Mobile first development experience
• Ability to perform analysis on large spatial datasets.
• Ability to interact professionally with clients.
• Must be highly organized and able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
• Ability to balance multiple complex tasks.
Location: Walnut Creek, CA (some travel to San Francisco – up to once a week)
Duration: 6 months (extensions likely)
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse