Organization: St Joseph County MI
Title: GIS ANALYST
Location: Centreville, MI USA 49032
ST. JOSEPH COUNTY
Under the supervision of the Geographic Information Systems Director, the GIS Analyst develops and maintains Geographic Information System (GIS) data in the County’s E-911 Emergency Computer Aided Dispatch System. Regularly analyzes crime and incident data to prepare maps and reports in support of law enforcement and emergency response; creates custom GIS applications to support E-911 and other departments and assists in the development and maintenance of the County’s GIS as a whole.
1. Responsible for the creation and maintenance of GIS data utilized in the County E-911 Emergency Computer Aided Dispatch System (CAD). Develops thorough knowledge of the CAD system and assists with troubleshooting and improving the system and data.
2. Analyzes incident data to prepare a variety of GIS maps and reports in support of emergency response and law enforcement.
3. Issues property addresses in compliance with the St. Joseph County’s Address Ordinance.
4. Develops custom desktop, internet, and mobile GIS applications in support of all County departments.
5. Performs field collection and preparation of GIS data utilizing the latest GPS hardware and software.
6. Maintains and improves a wide range of the County’s GIS data.
7. Generates maps and analysis in support of multiple departments and other end users.
8. Attends workshops and training and researches and studies new and emerging technologies and equipment in the field of GIS.
9. Performs other duties as required.
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the above tasks. (These examples do not include all of the tasks which the employees may be expected to perform.)
A Bachelor’s Degree with significant coursework in geography and GIS mapping.
Two years of progressively more responsible experience related to local government Geographic Information Systems.
Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Proficient with the ArcGIS suite of software.
Some experience with Computer Aided Dispatch software and systems is a plus. Knowledge of the Alert Public Safety Solutions software is highly desirable.
Understanding of programming languages and custom GIS application development for use on desktop, internet and mobile platforms.
Knowledge of GPS hardware and software and associated GIS data collection procedures.
Possession of a Michigan Vehicle Operator’s License.
Must submit to and pass a background check.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
(This job requires the ability to perform the essential functions contained in this description. These include, but are not limited to, the following requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants unable to fulfill one or more of these requirements):
Ability to access county locations.
Ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve information from a computer.
Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
Ability to perform the physical tasks associated with the position.
Ability to withstand prolonged periods of sitting in front of computer.
Generally works in an office setting.
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse