Organization: City of Carrollton
Title: GIS Specialist
Location: Carrollton TX
If interested please contact/send resumes to GIS Manager:
GIS Staff will have a GIS certification from an accredited institution, ArcGIS I & II certifications from ESRI, and a minimum of 2 years of experience in mapping and analysis.
In depth working knowledge of ESRI products and extensions including ArcDesktop for Windows (v10.x), ArcServer(v10.x), ArcSDE(v10.x), Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst, Publisher, Advanced Editing, Geometric Networks, Versioned Editing, 3D Analyst, Tracking Analyst, Model Builder, Georeferencing, Geocoding, Map Service Publishing, Data driven pages and map book creation.
They will also need:
· working knowledge of cartography, geography, projections, datums, and coordinate systems;
· ability to interpret legal descriptions, subdivision plats, AsBuilt plans, and other legal documents;
· knowledge of local standards applicable to AutoCAD/GIS data used and maintained by the City;
· general knowledge of engineering, planning, public works, and other local government department practices;
· ability to use GPS equipment to import, correct, and analyze coordinate data.
· Preferred applicants will have worked in an on-call support position and are familiar with an IT ticketing system.
• Data Maintenance- Entering new data and correcting existing data in GIS Enterprise System using best practices and implementing FGDC metadata standards. Ensure that documentation is accurate and up-to-date. (possible after hours support)
• Data Validation- Validate new data & corrections against data provided by stakeholder / third-party source / or other source.
• Mapping Support- Provide support to City Staff for specialized one-off maps using various data sources.
• Provide regular updates to users on the status of any open/pending requests.
• Participate in the IT Testing phase & Implementation phase of Enterprise GIS Projects.
• Data Integration Support- Provide support to City Staff for GIS Projects
• Working knowledge of Trimble GPS handheld units, and be able to export data from them.
• Analysis Support- Provide support to City Staff for specialized analysis for project specific needs.
• Reporting Support- Provide support to City Staff for specialized one-off reports using various reporting methods.
• Web Map Publishing using Geocortex Essentials Software and ArcGIS Server 10.2
• Participate in GIS Day Activities & User Training
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse