Organization: Southern Tier Central Regional Planning & Development Board (STC)
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Corning, NY
SOUTHERN TIER CENTRAL REGIONAL
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT BOARD (STC)
8 Denison Parkway East, Suite 310
Corning, New York 14830
An opening for GIS Analyst is available immediately at Southern Tier Central Regional Planning and Development Board.
Unique job opportunity to work at a Regional Planning Board and provide highly technical assistance and training to a governments and organizations within a three County region. STC seeks a dynamic individual who not only has the skills to manage and maintain GIS databases and services but also to administer ArcSDE, ArcGIS and SQL server users and roles. Independent judgment is encouraged for carrying out the details of the work. Applicant must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUITES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains enterprise related GIS databases and servers for broad use in the GIS and web mapping areas
• Develops automation protocols for loading spatial data using data modeling and attribute mapping and manages the defined workflow routines
• Administration of ArcSDE, ArcGIS, and SQL Server users, roles and security models
• Works with regional GIS counterparts to populate spatial and enterprise databases, provide performance tuning, and automate data loads or scripting
• Assists in scheduling upgrades and roll-out of patches into various environments
• Develop procedures for applying service packs and upgrades for ArcGIS including ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server and SQL Server
• Perform geodatabase backups and quality checks
• Scripting and Data Maintenance Tool development
• ArcGIS with geodatabase development, editing, analysis, and QA/QC
• ArcSDE replication, versioning, synchronization
• Geodatabase development and analysis using GIS
• Microsoft Office
• Python scripting and Esri Model Builder
• Batch data loading and scripting experience
• SDE/Geodatabase administration
• Ability to multi-task, detail oriented, and have strong organizational skills
• Data analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
• Strong teamwork and communication skills
Applicants are requested to provide writing and mapping samples.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (this is a civil service position):
a) Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with an Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree, or Master’s degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geospatial Technology, Photogrammetry/Remote Sensing, Geography, or a closely related field with similar course curriculum.; or
b) Successful completion of a GIS Certificate Program from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant GIS Certificates.; or
c) Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma, and possession of a GIS Professional Certification (GISP) from the GIS Certification Institute; or
d) Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and two (2) years of full-time paid experience, or its part-time paid equivalent, creating and editing geographic data, computer mapping, performing GIS analysis, using a GIS or other computerized mapping system, or training others in the use of GIS or other computerized mapping systems; or
e) An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (a) through (d) above.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Possession of a valid New York State driver’s license appropriate to the vehicles operated or otherwise demonstrate the ability to meet the transportation needs of the job.
STC is a small organization that has the workplace flexibility of a non-profit with the benefits and job security of a government position. Benefits include a 35-hour flexible work week, New York State retirement and a platinum health insurance plan. STC is looking to find someone who can join our 9-member team that includes economic developers, planners and flood mitigation experts. If you are an experienced, creative individual who feels this might be a good fit, please apply!
Salary commensurate with experience.
SEND RESUME AND WRITING AND MAPPING SAMPLES TO: Yvonne Terwilliger at [email protected]
Please let us know where you found this listing – it will help us when we advertise future positions.
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse