Organization: Mason, Bruce & Girard
Title: GIS Product Manager
Location: Portland, OR
ABOUT THE POSITION
This Geospatial Product Management and Implementation Specialist is a position for an energetic, enthusiastic individual who can support MB&G’s technology solutions on multiple levels including client support, technical support and expansion of product sales and offerings. This position requires excellent communication skills including the ability to present and demo product offerings to potential clients, to train and support existing clients in the use of our products and to listen to our client’s needs to identify enhancements and requirements for our products. This position also requires a range of technical skills that will enable the successful candidate to support data development and product release, recognize and collaborate on solutions to problems, provide assessments and analysis of data, as needed, and effectively troubleshoot product issues. Work is full time and will be performed at our Portland, Oregon headquarters office with potential for occasional travel as projects or product needs require.
To excel in this position, the applicant must have a mix of technological and product management skills:
Technical Skills (implementation)
• Data modeling (translating from client business needs to working GIS data models)
• Caching data (packaging base maps into portable file formats including Esri’s Tile Package format - TPK)
• Expertise in publishing, managing and maintaining Esri ArcGIS Online (AGO) map and feature services
• Experience with field data collection using mobile devices, including offerings from Esri and forestry application vendors (e.g., Collector, Survey123, TCruise, SoloForest, ForestMetrix, PlotHound, DataPlus)
• Python scripting for automation of GIS and data processing tasks (e.g., creating data models, backing up databases, etc.)
• GIS analysis and modeling using Esri products including ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro
• Requirements gathering and documentation of business needs, issues, feature requests, etc.
• Website development or maintenance experience, especially using content management systems, a plus
• End-to-end management of customer relationships
• Software sales experience
• Developing training materials and leading training events for clients and potential clients on product use
• Delivering presentations at conferences and trade shows
• Development and maintenance of user guides and other support materials
• Technical product support
• Supporting product website and brochure content development
In order to excel at the GIS Product Management and Implementation Specialist position, you should possess the following skills, experience, and background:
• Bachelor’s degree in GIS or natural resources related field (Master’s degree a plus, forestry a plus)
• Work-related experience with product management or experience pertaining to field data collection and natural resource management
• Client relationship management experience
• Experience teaching or training individuals and groups
• Sales experience, a plus
• Proficient with Esri’s ArcGIS software
• Expertise within the ArcGIS online environment
• Intermediate knowledge of GIS concepts and principles.
• Intermediate GIS analysis modeling and database skills.
• Intermediate knowledge of GIS data formats.
• Python scripting or other development skills a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Enthusiastic and team-oriented individual
• Excellent time and project management skills
• Client service oriented
Mason, Bruce & Girard, Inc. is a full-service natural resource consulting firm, with expertise in environmental services, forestry and geographic information systems (GIS). A set of core values guide our work, focusing our efforts on providing responsible, sustainable solutions that meet client needs.
Our areas of expertise include forestry, wildlife, fisheries, wetlands, water quality, and GIS. Our work is characterized by the highest level of client service, the application of the best science and technology, quality processes and results, integrity, and our respect for the natural environment. We provide natural resource consulting services to both industry and government and have done so since 1921.
Join Us/Apply Now
Click the link below or visit the Careers section of our website to send us your resume.
Mason, Bruce & Girard is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and we do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or consideration protected by local, state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Equal opportunity applies to hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and any other organizational action. MB&G’s written Affirmative Action Plan is available to all employees and job applicants upon request.
MB&G is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse