Organization: Evari GIS Consulting, Inc.
Title: GIS Technician
Location: Various, California
Evari GIS Consulting, Inc. seeks to hire project-based full-time employees to support data collection on streetlight conversion projects around the country. This job is a travel position. Employees will travel to cities nationwide to collect GIS data about existing streetlight fixtures in order to correct municipal electric bills and support installation of energy efficient replacement LED fixtures. The successful candidate will work with a team which travels to a variety of locations across the United States, as well as accomplishes ArcGIS desktop work to support data collection efforts and meet client needs. Time at each location can range from weeks to months depending on the scale of the project. Employer provides lodging, transportation, and a car at most locations. New hires will be trained by and work alongside our team of experienced Project Managers and streetlight auditors.
Required Skills and Experience
- College graduate in related field (GIS, Geography, Environmental Science, etc.)
- Interested in furthering GIS career
- Comfortable navigating Android tablet, familiarity with Google Apps: Calendar, Mail, Drive.
- Clean driving record
- Attention to work safety measures
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm for learning
- Interest in energy efficiency/infrastructure projects
- Ability to travel 95% of the time
- Team player, cooperative, and gets along well with coworkers
- Problem solver, excited about new challenges
Employment Terms and Benefits:
- 40 hr. week, 8:30-5:00 pm
- $15/hr starting pay, paid biweekly
- Employer paid lodging in project city location, including on days off
- Company car provided at most locations
- Employer paid Health Insurance after 3 months of employment
- Dental, Vision plans
- 401k plan with 4% employer match after 1 year of employment
- Paid Time Off
Successful Candidate Must Have
- Valid driver license
- Proof of auto insurance
- Ability to walk and/or drive for extended periods
To apply for the position, please send a brief cover letter and 1-page resume to Eva Friedberg at [email protected]. Use the subject line “GIS Field Tech Application.” Successful applicants will be asked to complete a 2-hour field test in San Diego, Ca.
About Evari GIS Consulting. Evari GIS Consulting Inc. (Evari GIS) has been in business since June 2009 and was founded with the purpose of providing high-quality GIS services on municipal work. Through a clear understanding of project specific requirements and industry-standard best-practices, Evari GIS focuses on aligning a project’s business needs with effective implementation of GIS. Evari provides custom systems, services, and products which give our clients straightforward and intuitive ways to interact and visualize geographic data. This brings insight and value to key decisions and streamlines communication. Evari leverages the Esri Technology Stack (ArcGIS) and the Amazon Web Services Cloud Computing platform for a broad range of municipal GIS applications including planning, traffic, street lighting, infrastructure, utilities, AEC, and asset management projects.
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse