Organization: Taylor Engineering, Inc.
Title: Geospatial Scientist/Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst
Location: Florida, USA
Taylor Engineering, Inc. seeks to hire a junior Geospatial Scientist/Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst to work in any of our Florida locations (Jacksonville, Tampa, Sarasota, or Destin).
The Geospatial Scientist/GIS Analyst will work with our Director of Geospatial Science to support the organization as necessary to accomplish the mission through spatial data development and analysis, map production, watershed management programs, and FEMA Flood Insurance Studies for several Coastal, Water Resources, Environmental, and Waterfront Engineering projects.
A qualified candidate will possess the following.
• Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geospatial Information Sciences, Geography, Geomatics or other related field
• 0 – 3 years of experience in the GIS field
• A strong understanding of spatial analysis, data management in a relational database, map preparation, and topographic data development
• Advanced skills using ArcGIS/ArcGIS Pro and associated extensions including 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and multitask effectively
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Enthusiastic, positive “can-do” attitude
• Travel and field work may be required
• Important: only candidates who complete the job application in its entirety will be considered
• Experience with FEMA Flood Insurance Studies and DFIRM production
• Experience using and populating the Southwest Florida Water Management District’s GWIS database
Apply here: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=11475&clientkey=10323F7743DA353561E97E53EC6853EF
Taylor Engineering, Inc. is a growing dynamic team with offices in Jacksonville, Tampa, Sarasota, and Destin, Florida. Our employee-owned company delivers focused, leading-edge solutions to challenges in the water environment.
We offer a stimulating and fun work environment, flexible work schedule, and excellent benefits. To learn more about the Taylor Engineering culture, please visit www.taylorengineering.com. We seek a candidate who is properly aligned with our core vision and values.
Taylor Engineering, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse