Organization: The Sanborn Map Company, Inc.
Title: Natural Resource GIS Analyst / Programmer
Location: McClellan, CA
The Sanborn Map Company is looking to fill a Natural Resource GIS Analyst / Programmer position.
This position is located in in McClellan, CA however; travel may occur to other Government locations.
•Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Ecology, Wildlife Biology, Soils, Geology, Hydrology, Geography or related degree.
•Fifteen years of intensive and progressive experience requiring extensive use of GIS and related tools.
•Master’s degree is highly desired.
•Background in Remote Sensing
•Advanced relational database management skills
•Proficiency with R, PL/SQL programming languages
•Experience with GIS analysis and technology including ESRI software.
•Ability to understand and implement logic within Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs)
•Experience automating workflows
•Advanced knowledge of ArcGIS 10.x, ENVI, and Fusion
•Coursework and work-related experience pertaining to natural resource management, as well as analytical techniques for modeling and assessing dynamic ecological communities.
•Knowledge of USFS GIS data structures, National Application structures, and other agency structures a plus
•Excellent communication skills
•Attention to detail
•Quality Control of National Applications GIS Data and other Corporate Data:
• Gathering spatial and tabular data from a large variety of complex National databases;
• Use of ArcGIS, ArcSDE, Oracle and PL/SQL developer software to create/update/improve data quality scripts;
• Following agency policies and procedures for national corporate data, to understand and follow Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs) to maintain forest data layers such as wildlife, Botany, Aquatics, Geology, Forest Activities, Transportation and others, into national corporate format.
• Python and R programming to spatially and quantitatively analyze forest structural characteristics from remotely sensed data products.
• Automation of multi-scale (i.e. ecoregion subsection, Forest and bioregional scale) analysis of bioclimatic, vegetation, wildlife and other natural resource data.
• Assist in the development of statistical models for data analysis or for data product development.
• Run the Ecosystem Disturbance and Recovery Tracker algorithm for key project areas and assess the quality of the resultant data products.
• Develop cartographic products and perform live on-screen presentations to show FS personnel and the public how data sets were created, how to interpret the resultant outputs, and present preliminary summary statistics.
• Provide oral and written communication staff regarding how datasets were generated and what underlying assumptions are implicit in statistical hypothesis testing.
• Additional project work may be assigned due to changing Regional priorities.
CONTRACTOR PERSONNEL SECURITY AND SUITABILITY REQUIREMENTS
The following forms and inquiries, or their equivalent, will be used to initiate the credentialing process:
•OPM Standard Form 85 or 85P
•National Criminal History Check (NCHC)
•Release to Obtain Credit Information
•PIV card application
If selected to fill the position, a candidate would be required to pass a drug screen and satisfy the requirements of a National Criminal History Check (NCHC) to verify the identity of the individual applying for clearance and to determine the individual’s suitability for the position.
The position may require occasional travel.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current work visa.
Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability and life insurance benefits
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse