Organization: The Sanborn Map Company, Inc
Title: Data Acquisition Technician - Geospatial
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
The Data Acquisition Technician position is a unique position that operates as a crew member within an airborne (aircraft) or ground based environment to collect accurate and viable data in an efficient and timely manner using airborne sensors and GPS survey equipment. The ability to travel extensively working throughout North America with occasional foreign travel is required.
• Operates and monitors optical and LiDAR sensor systems working in fixed wing small aircraft for accurate image quality data capture.
• Ensures checklists and quality control processes are performed on a daily basis to meet efficient and effective sensor operational requirements.
• Conducts field-level quality control of data units, makes backups and ships/disseminates data units in a timely fashion.
• Performs sensor maintenance and installation as needed in a field work environment.
• Performs basic ground surveying duties such as using a GPS receiver, centering a tripod, measuring antenna height, and placing markers and targets.
• Basic entry level flight planning to assist with layout of flight lines and generated flight maps and document estimation.
• Prepares and submits logs, reports, expense reports and other documents as required.
• Ensures daily security of company property and equipment.
• Independently schedules travel based on project and business needs.
• Ensures daily work requirements meets company safety protocol requirements and meets safety protocol at work location third party field sites.
• Other duties as required.
High school diploma. Preferred Associates degree in a Geography, Engineering, GIS, Earth Science, Math, or related discipline, or GIS certificate or equivalent related experience.
• Proficiency in software applications used for processing survey data.
• Experience operating an aerial sensor or LiDAR systems desired.
• Experience with IT hardware equipment and windows based computer systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to lift, tilt or move equipment up to 50lbs.
• Must be able to fly in aircraft daily with regard to motion sickness.
• Must be able to travel generally and drive vehicles over extended distances using independent decision and judgement capabilities to travel.
• US Passport required to travel internationally.
Position: Part-time (working up to 1600 hours annually)
Sanborn offers 401k with company match, and company paid disability and life insurance benefits with the position.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com to apply for this position. Sanborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Vet/Disability.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse