Organization: The Sanborn Map Company, Inc.
Title: Custom Tool GIS Analyst / Programmer
Location: Denver, CO
Join Sanborn’s award-winning team! Sanborn is looking for a Custom Tool GIS Analyst / Programmer to provide geospatial data management support for to an Engineering Asset Management program. There is a need to upload and coordinate GIS data into FAMS so that spatial data can be readily available to system users. Discrepancies between FAMS and the GIS database need to be identified and reconciled. The Custom Tool GIS Analyst / Programmer would provide technical skills and expertise assisting state and field offices to maintain an inventory of its infrastructure and constructed assets along with uploading and mapping selected data to centralized databases housed in an enterprise environment.
Sanborn’s customer manages 264 million surface acres of public lands located primarily in the 12 Western States, including Alaska. They also manage an additional 300 million acres of subsurface mineral estate located throughout the country. Included with the management of public lands they have built an infrastructure of real property which is critical in the support of their mission.
Within the Branch of Architecture and Engineering manages the construction and maintenance programs for all owned real property assets. These assets include: Administrative Facilities, Fire Suppression Facilities, Recreation Facilities, 45 thousand miles of road, and hundreds of dams and bridges. The Branch of Engineering uses a customized IBM Maximo program, the Facility Asset Management System (FAMS), to inventory and monitor the condition of these assets. FAMS is used to justify the annual maintenance funding allocations to other State Offices and to support deferred maintenance funding requests from State Offices to WO854. Finally, FAMS has the potential to serve many business needs and continues to expand the services provided for the management of real property and constructed infrastructure.
In addition to the Maximo® software, FAMS has functionality with other systems; including their Enterprise GIS System which display geospatial coordinates from Maximo®, an interface with the Department of the Interior’s Fiscal and Business Management System (FBMS), and OBIEE reporting software used for publishing reports from FAMS data.
Finally, they use a multitude of other system tools related to FAMS; from various Excel spreadsheets to SharePoint sites, from internet sites to custom interactive mapping applications. This agency develops and maintains the data and programing for FAMS and provides the IT system management for that system. The position is located in Lakewood, CO.
• Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Ecology, Wildlife Biology, Soils, Geology, Hydrology, Geography or Earth Science.
• Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in GIS is desired.
• Five (5) years of intensive and progressive experience in a field requiring extensive use of GIS and related tools.
Demonstrate capacity to fulfill the following required skills:
• Demonstrate professional expertise with ESRI’s suite of desktop GIS software and extensions including ArcGIS Pro 2.2 and ArcMap 10.4 or later. Candidate should have a minimum of 4 years of professional experience.
• Demonstrate Python development skills in creating custom programs/applications to analyze, develop, and integrate geospatial data. Candidate should highlight in narrative their experience in using Python to customize and extend the ArcGIS platform including in the web, server and/or desktop domains.
• Demonstrate development knowledge or experience using the following Python packages: arcpy, requests, pandas, xml, json, util
• Demonstrate professional experience working in a multi-user, enterprise Geodatabase environment using ESRI’s ArcSDE software.
• Demonstrate working understanding of publishing geospatial data using ArcGIS Server or ArcGIS Enterprise 10.4 or later. Candidate should highlight in narrative their understanding of the utility and limitations of publishing data through ArcGIS Server.
• Demonstrate professional knowledge of concepts and principles of geospatial data management by providing a minimum of two (2) specific work examples.
• Demonstrate professional knowledge in applying geospatial technologies to address transportation, natural resource, or land management business requirements by providing a minimum of two (2) specific work examples.
• Demonstrate ability to communicate technical information effectively to lay persons and geospatial technical experts alike.
• Demonstrate knowledge working with variety of geospatial datasets from sources within and external to the federal government. Offeror should highlight in narrative the range of data sources the proposed on-site candidate has worked with in the past.
The candidate shall conduct the following tasks:
CUSTOM TOOLS/DEVELOPMENT 50%
• Create ETL (extract-transform-load) processes and tools to deliver FAMS tabular data to GIS applications using Python and HTTP requests.
• Programmatically perform geospatial, mapping and administrative functions using the ArcGIS
• Support GIS & FAMS integration design by developing custom tools and services using ArcGIS/Python and data structures such as JSON and XML.
• Automate data administrative tasks such as reporting, publishing, and quality assurance using Python scripts/programs.
• Work with data stewards and data administrator to interpret business needs for applications and derive data requirements.
DATA MANAGEMENT/DATABASE 20%
• Assist with coordinating data integration and data management activities related to national, regional, and local asset management data requirements.
• Manage Asset Management geodatabases in an enterprise environment.
• Implement/develop quality assurance and quality control requirements.
• Provide technical expertise to maintain existing geodatabases and validate discrepancies within FAMS.
• Responsible for data requirements, standards, access rules, data quality, business rules, and other data activities associated with Asset Management.
• Review, create, and maintain metadata to government specifications.
FRONT END MAPS/APPS 20%
• Develop and maintain web maps and applications in the ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Portal platforms that adhere to government standards and rules.
• Build and maintain applications using Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS.
ArcGIS SERVER 10%
• Publish geospatial data via ArcGIS Server and administer content according to EGIS publication standards.
• Adhere to government security standards when building out content that includes sensitive data.
• Build, refresh and maintain REST (Map, Feature, Image, Geoprocessing, and Cached) Services.
• Through understanding of enterprise ArcGIS Server site architecture.
CANDIDATE PERSONNEL SECURITY AND SUITABILITY REQUIREMENTS
The following forms and inquiries, or their equivalent, will be used to initiate the credentialing process:
•OPM Standard Form 85 or 85P
•National Criminal History Check (NCHC)
•Release to Obtain Credit Information
•PIV card application
If selected to fill the position, a candidate would be required to pass a drug screen and satisfy the requirements of a National Criminal History Check (NCHC) to verify the identity of the individual applying for clearance and to determine the individual’s suitability for the position.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability and life insurance benefits.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com to apply for this position. Sanborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse