Organization: OC Public Works, County of Orange
Title: Surveyor III (Office)
Location: Orange County, CA
The Surveyor III acts in a lead capacity and performs our most complex surveying tasks. This includes, but is not limited to, map preparation, boundary analysis, researching historical and official records, and providing resolution to boundary issues and discrepancies.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the education, experience and training as listed on this job bulletin. In addition to the minimum qualifications, the successful candidate will possess the following core competencies:
- Principles and practices of land surveying, including boundary determination, legal descriptions, construction and mapping.
- Civil engineering plans and drawings, maps, specifications, legal descriptions, survey field data and records related to surveying.
- Principles of algebra, geometry and trigonometry as used in office and field survey analysis.
- Civil 3D, Trimble Business Center, and Carlson software to produce topographic maps and volume reports.
- Research methods, historical precedent, and trends in the industry that impact map checking and boundary analysis.
- Starnet or equivalent least squares software for processing and analysis.
- Creating and maintaining styles and templates in software platforms for standardization.
For more information and to apply, please visit the County of Orange Careers Page.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse