Organization: City of Harrisonburg, VA
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Harrisonburg, VA USA
Account Email: [email protected]
Are you seeking a career that allows you to utilize your GIS skills within a collaborative organization that creates a high-quality, lasting and manageable developed environment for the local community? If so, consider applying for the City of Harrisonburg's Department of Planning and Community Development GIS Analyst position!
The GIS Analyst is a full-time position with benefits and a preferred hiring range of $48,651 - $56,929 annually. The ideal candidate for this position will have comprehensive knowledge of modern geographic information system theory, practice, and tools in addition to the ability to perform skilled work within the City's GIS.
The GIS Analyst:
- Creates, compiles, integrates, digitizes, and updates map data from many sources;
- Performs field work as necessary, including operating a GPS device and related surveying equipment in locating, collecting, and processing field data;
- Works with the GIS Administrator in development and maintenance of data layers, programs, models, and system integrations relating to Community Development functions;
- Maintains GIS base maps and fundamental layers;
- Prepares simple to complex system models, processes, methods and procedures;
- Reads maps, interprets maps, and uses coordinate systems to position and process geographic information;
- Works with departmental staff to develop GIS tools, including creating maps, charts, graphs, and other related information;
- Researches and conducts miscellaneous planning project assignments;
- May coordinate with other localities to ensure uniform data exchange formats;
- Responds to City departments and public requests for standard or custom maps, charts, graphs, GIS analysis, GIS projects, and related information.
- Undergraduate degree in geographic/information systems, engineering, or a related field with some experience in the use of geographic information systems, local government applications, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver's license, required.
- Some experience supervising or leading the work of others, preferred.
- Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP), preferred.
More information specifically related to this position is available on the City's website at: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment.
To Apply: All candidates must complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application (https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment) in order to be considered. The position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted on the City's website on 08/20/2019)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & ICMA-RC), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse