Organization: Advanced Agrilytics, LLC
Title: Senior Level Geospatial (GIS) Systems Database Administrator and Team Lead
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Advanced Agrilytics is an agronomic services company enabled by best in class digital capabilities providing growers independent, sophisticated and robust input prescriptions and operational advice. The company has focused on the major inputs and in-crop decisions as determined by value and return on investment within the overall system. This company is well differentiated from the crowded SaaS providers in the digital agriculture space given its impressive multi-season results and independent, high-touch business model.
This senior Level position will be responsible for the management of the GIS operational systems and databases. This position will be initially responsible the management of the day to day operations and scaling the team that will manage the day to day operations of all data systems and making recommendations for future growth. This position will work with all levels of management to develop long-term strategies for systems and database design and implementation.
• Maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks.
• Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks
• Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues
• Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
• Administer geospatial databases and ensure operational excellence.
• Provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
• Manage network servers and technology tools
• Troubleshoot issues and outages
• Develop expertise to hire and train staff on new technologies
• Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
• Proven experience as a ArcGIS Systems (ESRI) Administrator
• Experience with geospatial databases including MS SQL with SDE and PostgresSQL
• Knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery, specifically in the AWS infrastructure.
• Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms, and web servers (Mircrosoft, Linux, IIS)
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in leadership/management and working with multiple levels and interdisciplinary teams.
• Experience in agriculture sciences given preference.
• BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline. Professional Certifications a plus.
• Knowledge and ability to work with the following platforms and languages helpful.
• Microsoft Server
• SQL query language
Send letter of interest and resume to [email protected] with "Senior Level Geospatial (GIS) Systems Database Administrator and Team Lead" in the subject line.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse