Organization: Advanced Agrilytics, LLC
Title: Full Stack Geospatial (GIS) Developer
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Advanced Agrilytics is an agronomic services company enabled by best in class digital capabilities providing growers independent, sophisticated and robust input prescriptions and operational advice. The company has focused on the major inputs and in-crop decisions as determined by value and return on investment within the overall system. This company is well differentiated from the crowded SaaS providers in the digital agriculture space given its impressive multi-season results and independent, high-touch business model.
This senior level position will be responsible for the management of the GIS operational systems and databases. This position will be initially responsible the management of the day to day operations and scaling the team for the team that will oversee and manage the day to day operations of all data systems. The position will be responsible for the growth of the development team.
GIS Developer responsibilities include:
• Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues in current systems including web facing, backend and integrations with mobile applications ensuring minimal down time.
• Create source code, execute test, debug and configure solutions at a difficult level.
• Maintain and update code as needed>
• Collaborate with a cross-functional team to make effective business decisions and solve complex problems
• Develops or customizes system configurations of moderately complex geospatial applications based on geospatial knowledge.
• Creates and executes moderately complex system implementations according to established timeline, budget and quality expectations.
• Serves as a technical resource in the application of one or more geospatial platform technologies, such as Esri and open source.
• May perform peer reviews on work performed by junior staff. Thoroughly documents and tests all work produced.
• Continually evaluates work processes and contributes to technology, methodology and process standards.
• Willingness to mentor junior staff and take on new responsibilities.
• Able to deliver in a short time frame, working in an Agile environment
• Experience with GIS technology including ESRI product suite and developing geoprocessing and GIS web services.
• Experience with AWS Dynamo databases and Lambda microservices desirable but not required.
• Experience with mobile application development helpful but not required.
• Minimum 5 years GIS development experience.
• BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification
Please send letter of interest and resume to [email protected] with "Full Stack Geospatial Developer" in the subject line.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse