Title: Geospatial Solutions Analyst
Location: Tucker, GA USA
To apply online, please send your résumé directly to [email protected]
We are InterDev.
For nearly 40 years InterDev has been providing professional IT, and Security services for commercial businesses, government entities / municipalities, non-profits, and a variety of organizations across the Southeastern U.S.
In addition to managing and hosting IT operations for our valued clients, we are an industry leader in Geographic Information Services, Telecom & VoIP platforms. InterDev is a proud Microsoft Silver Certified Partner, Esri Silver Partner, and Barracuda Networks Certified Diamond Partner.
We work hard, embrace high standards in our quality of services model, and take pride as a pacesetter in our industry.
Here at InterDev, we care about our associates. We are dedicated to:
• work/life balance
• job satisfaction
• professional development opportunities
• health & wellness
We offer comprehensive benefits which include 401(k) with employer matching, health, disability, and life insurance.
Geospatial Solutions Analyst
The City of Tucker is a relatively recently (2016) established city in the northeastern Atlanta suburbs. Despite its youth, Tucker an extremely close-knit city with many active community groups who regularly collaborate with city government. Due to its young age, the city has also retained many of its founding councilpeople and the original mayor who take an active role in shaping the city to the wishes of its citizens. This has resulted in a government that works with great focus and determination in reaching its goals which are greatly enhanced by its enterprise-level GIS Department.
As the city’s Geospatial Solutions Analyst, one will work closely with city staff to carry out the city’s operations. From creating static zoning maps to interactive web applications filled with rich data, there’s a wide breadth of opportunities to explore. InterDev has partnered with the city since its inception, so one will have the benefit of our organization’s collective experience and institutional knowledge. InterDev’s GIS Department has won several URISA Exemplary Systems in Government awards and we’re excited to add the person who will win us several more!
As our ideal candidate, you possess:
• A passion for GIS to improve our community
• Exceptional, customer service-oriented work ethic
• GIS technical and cartographic skills
• Ability to bring new and imaginative ideas
• Interests and experience in urban planning/city planning GIS or similar fields
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interpret detailed plans, photographs, maps, and legal descriptions including addresses, roads, zoning, and various city-owned assets.
• Perform spatial analyses and create information products utilizing GIS geoprocessing tools.
• Assist in user experience testing of web applications.
• Perform spatial analysis and creating information products (maps, reports, etc.) using advanced GIS geoprocessing tools and processes
• Maintain key data sets such as addresses, roads, utilities and other assets
• Publishing content to and administering ArcGIS Online (content, groups, users, permissions, etc.)
• Develop GIS tools and applications that engage staff and community
• Develop and implement GIS standards, policies and procedures
• Provide training and support to GIS users as necessary
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• A passion for GIS and data science
• Knowledge of mapping and database software packages such as ArcGIS
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot software problems
• Ability to follow written and verbal directions, prioritize a list of tasks, and communicate progress and results
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 2-5 years of experience in, preferably local government, GIS.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Regular attendance at meetup groups, conferences, or other industry events
• Experience working with some or all of the following Esri tools: Survey123, Collector for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Community Analyst, ArcGIS Hub, ArcGIS Urban
• Volunteer experience a plus
Classification: Full-time, exempt
Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000
Reports to: Location Intelligence Lead
* Note: Applicant selected will be subject to a criminal, credit, and department of motor vehicles background checks and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified and sensitive information.
Successful completion of background screening is a condition of initial, as well as ongoing, employment. Successful completion is defined as meeting or exceeding all security clearance requirements defined by InterDev and InterDev’s clients.
InterDev is a drug free workplace. We reserve the right to perform screening for abused substances at any point in time during your employment. You will also be required to sign an employment agreement and confidentiality agreement which will protect InterDev and its client’s proprietary information.
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; hours of work are roughly 8 AM to 5 PM.
Travel, if applicable, is primarily locally during the business day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
InterDev provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, InterDev complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
InterDev expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
To apply online, please send your résumé directly to [email protected]
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse