Organization: City of Mesa
Title: IT Engineer I - GIS/CMMS
Location: Mesa, AZ, United States
The City of Mesa is a great place to work! In addition to competitive salaries, the City also has a generous amount of other benefits available. For more information, please see our website: http://mesaaz.gov/benefits/
IT Engineer I - GIS/CMMS
($65,308.73 - $97,635.20 Annually)
The Information Technology (IT) Engineer I class provides skilled technical services in support of installation, configuration, testing, integration, and ongoing support for City applications or infrastructure within one of the technical support areas of Business Applications and Application Development; Business Analytics; Database; Desktop and Mobile Services; Service Desk; Geographic Information System (GIS); Network; Security; Unified Communications; Server, Storage, and Backup; and Police Department-Information Technology (PDIT) Security. The IT Engineer I class has regular customer interaction, which includes a wide range of assignments and project issues. Employees in this class are required to participate in team on-call support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
This class is FLSA exempt-computer professional.
Enterprise IT GIS Assignment:
• Gathers requirements and limited business analyst responsibilities for the single function or less complex customer solutions
• Independently performs application development and coding and configuration management in alignment with set standards
• Performs diagnostics and troubleshooting in support of designated applications, including custom-built, as well as COTS solutions
• The IT Engineer I is expected to have an excellent understanding of one or more of the business solutions supported, and is mentored by the IT Engineer II and III when complexity, risk, or criticality require
• Creates, modifies, and maintains web-based applications including participation in standard testing practices and change management, serving as change owner where applicable
About the Ideal Candidate:
• Professional experience with Esri ArcGIS Server Enterprise, ArcGIS On-line and Portal applications, ArcGIS desktop, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcSDE
• Experience with GIS data analysis tools and extensions; automation processes and/or Python scripting
• Involvement with Azteca Cityworks Server or other enterprise maintenance management systems
• Practice with Accela Automation or other enterprise class permitting systems
• Experience with Geocortex Essentials, Workflow Development, FME, REST APIs, MS Visual Studio, and SDLC principles
• Ability to readily understand business processes, be proficient with written and verbal communication, and have a track record of excellent customer service skills
• Developing and maintaining technical documentation
• Ability to work in teams or independently
Employee Values: All employees of the City of Mesa are expected to uphold and exhibit the City's shared employee values of Knowledge, Respect, and Integrity.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate's Degree in Computer Science, or a related field, such as Engineering or Geography (by assignment)
• Considerable (3 - 5 years) computer systems experience in at least one of the following technical support areas: Applications, Database, Desktop, GIS, Help Desk, Network, Security, Server, Service Desk, Telecommunications, or Web
City of Mesa offers a competitive benefits package. A CITY OF MESA ONLINE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED. Applications are available as of 10/11/19 with continuous review of applications until filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as we will review applications as they are received. For complete job description, requirements and online application form, please visit our web site at: www.mesaaz.gov/jobs
City of Mesa is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse