Organization: Pro-West & Associates, Inc.
Title: GIS System Administrator - Library of Congress
Location: Washington, DC
The GIS System Administrator position is focused on providing operational support services for the Library of Congress that enables Members of Congress, Congressional staff, Library staff, and Library patrons to perform cost-effective and efficient digital mapping research and analysis with state-of-the-industry geospatial tools and services.
Pro-West & Associates is looking for a GIS System Administrator who will serve as an integral member of the Library of Congress (LoC) team supporting the Library’s Geospatial Hosting Environment (GHE) as an end-to-end system for ingesting digital/geospatial content, indexing content and making it accessible to Library staff to support the publication of maps for Congress.
This is a full-time position with vacation, paid sick leave, holidays, IRA, health and disability insurance, and HSA benefits. The position is located at the Library of Congress in Washington, DC.
US Citizenship is required pursuant to the terms of a binding contract with the federal government.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Computer Science, information technology, systems or software engineering, or related degree.
• 4 years’ expertise with installing, deploying and maintaining Esri ArcGIS Desktop, Server and Portal software in MS Windows Server/IIS environment
• ArcGIS Portal administration
• Knowledge of powershell
• Knowledge of python scripting
• Experience deploying and maintaining Voyager GIS and Safe Software’s FME
• Support the LoC ArcGIS Enterprise platform
• Manage the testing and configuration of Esri ArcGIS Desktop software before it is pushed to LoC users
• Manage and create ArcGIS Online solutions
• Rapid publication and dissemination of maps on an ArcGIS Staff Portal
• Provide public content access and geospatial analysis tools to Library staff using ArcGIS Online
• Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Be available to provide support outside of normal business hours for critical support requests
Pro-West & Associates, Inc. www.prowestgis.com is an award-winning GIS (geographic information systems) services firm providing highly specialized GIS consulting, programming, integration and data services to government and commercial clients nationwide for over 30 years. We operate with the mission of empowering all communities with location technology. We make our clients successful.
Join our pioneering and talented team focused on helping our clients make a difference in the area of location technology for the Library of Congress.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected] This position will remain open until filled.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse