Organization: Highland Mapping, Inc.
Title: GIS Project Manager / Technical Specialist
Location: Banner Elk, NC (home office) / Work from Home
Job description: This dynamic position will have several primary responsibilities including:
• Managing GIS projects of all shapes and sizes.
• Assisting with Sales and Customer Relations.
• Supporting existing clients with various technical GIS tasks and challenges.
• Implementing a broad spectrum of GIS-based solutions for numerous types of clients.
• Performing GIS technician work as needed.
Education: Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's degree in Geography, Computer Information Systems, GIS, Computer Science or a related field.
Skills / Experience Desired:
• GIS Project management (in any setting).
• ArcGIS Desktop 10x.
• ArcGIS Pro familiarity.
• Portal for ArcGIS familiarity at a minimum.
• ArcGIS Online – publication and management of maps and apps.
• ArcGIS Server – publication of various GIS web services.
• Portal for ArcGIS – implementation and management.
• Collector for ArcGIS implementation experience.
• Survey 123 for ArcGIS implementation experience.
• Database administration / design (SQL Server or similar).
• Python scripting.
• .Net programming.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
This position will be variable, with approximately 50% GIS Project Management / Customer Relations and 50% GIS Technical work (GIS Application Implementations, Existing Customer Support, GIS Technician Tasks; etc.).
This position will be a demanding, yet fulfilling job for the right individual. The ideal candidate will have considerable (+ 5 years minimum) experience working in the GIS field, in both a project management and technical capacity. Familiarity with esri products is a must.
While involving plenty of technical and managerial challenges, this job will also require some GIS editing work from time to time, so the ideal candidate must be willing and able to efficiently and effectively complete basic GIS tasks for specific projects.
The ideal candidate must be willing and able to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
Benefits: Competitive Salary commensurate with education and experience, Health Insurance, Company 401K, Paid Leave and Holidays.
Highland Mapping, Inc. is currently accepting resumes and cover letters for the position of GIS Project Manager / Technical Specialist. While we are patient and determined to find the right person for the job, we would ideally like to have that person employed by January 31, 2020.
Please send resumes and cover letters to: [email protected]
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse