Organization: Anderson Engineering, Inc
Title: GIS Business Manager
Location: Kansas City MO, Springfield MO, Rogers AR, Joplin MO
Please email resumes with cover letter to [email protected]
Anderson Engineering, Inc., is a comprehensive consulting firm offering civil, geotechnical and structural engineering along with land surveying and GIS services. The team of professional staff is made up of approximately 150 employee owners located in ten offices throughout Missouri, Florida and Arkansas. Anderson Engineering is an employee owned company. We are a mid-sized company with a small, family feel that is grounded in history, hard work and service excellence. We have grown immensely in the last five years from three to ten offices, with plans to expand currently in the works. Become a part of the family and apply today!
Anderson Engineering has an immediate opening for a motivated, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented individual to join our staff as a GIS Business Manager. This role will focus on delivering high quality, on time, and on budget work to our clients. This position requires both the technical knowledge to assist our current GIS department with their day to day workload along with having the ability to help grow the department with a focus on new client development, while maintaining relationships with our current clients to ensure continued success. To succeed in this position, candidates should have a high level of experience in GIS and project management along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Develop and maintain geodatabases, datasets, feature classes attributes and domains for a variety of geographic data.
● Work on multiple projects simultaneously, with a commitment to keeping projects within the deadline and within budget.
● Compile, manipulate, refine, and integrate geographic data from a variety of sources including public domain data warehouses, field observations, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, remote sensing, and existing geographical data.
● Understanding of the methods to extract and integrate data into GIS from multiple formats, including but not limited to: CAD, KMZ / KML, Excel, DBF, Access, TXT, and XYZ data.
● Understand and utilize geodatabase topology to maintain quality GIS data.
● Produce detailed, high quality cartographic map products (digital and hardcopy) and relevant reports in accordance with company standards and methodologies, and client needs.
● Assist in performing research into emerging GIS technologies.
● Perform quality assurance and quality control for active GIS projects.
● Coordinate and prepare data for field work and data collection.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent coursework from an accredited school in Geography, GIS, Environmental Science, Computer Science or related field.
● Five years’ experience working with GIS.
● Knowledge of GIS practices and methodology.
● Proficient in ArcGIS software and extensions especially; ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, Collector for ArcGIS Online, Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, and Network Analyst.
● Experience in various Geographic and Spatial methodologies.
● Ability to think outside the box by providing innovative solutions using GIS and other new technologies.
● Proficient in MS Office Professional especially Excel and Access.
● Excellent verbal and communication skills.
● Organized and detail-oriented.
● Strong management skills and the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
● Ability to train end users and develop training materials for internal and external clients.
● Project management and team leadership experience is a plus.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered to all employees, along with a work environment that encourages growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company.
A few of the major benefits offered are:
o Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
o Paid Time Off (PTO)
o Paid Holidays
o Long Term Disability Insurance
o Life Insurance
o Wellness Program
o Compass Health Pro
Partially Funded by AE:
o Medical Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Vision Insurance
o 401K Plan
o Short Term Disability
o Family Life Insurance Plans
It is the policy of Anderson Engineering to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, sex, national origin or any other categorization protected by law, and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse