Organization: City of Wylie
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Wylie, TX
To apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/wylietexas
Provides GIS application design, development and analysis using ESRI product and other tools; develops spatial models and maps related to project data. Maps are to be used in publications, websites, meetings, and exhibits presented to various project stakeholders. Must have effective planning/organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities.
Supervision is provided by the IT Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
● Interacts directly with external and internal sources for data capture and research. Confirms accuracy of all data received, updating or notifying the responsible party when updates are necessary.
● Administers the GIS geodatabase, SQL server, and web server by creating user privileges, maintaining database security, and performing basic database maintenance.
● Creates maps, spreadsheets, graphs, and other analytical products in response to requests from staff, consultants, and the public.
● Develops, tests and implements quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) processes to ensure GIS data accuracy and integrity. Interprets as-built drawings, CIP construction plans, engineering plans, recorded maps, deeds, and related source documents and incorporates them into GIS.
● Researches, analyzes, and prepares reports, maps, and studies as requested.
● Responsible for interfacing with new and existing software applications that require GIS.
● Maintains files and information databases and retrieves required technical information.
● Works toward maintaining awareness of new technologies and advances in the profession; reads professional literature; attends workshops and training sessions as appropriate.
● Provides general direction and tasks for Mapping Technician.
● Performs as a responsible steward of the public trust and strives for excellence in public service, enhancing the quality of life for all.
● Acts in a civil, respectful manner at all times to management, co-workers and others.
● Other duties as may be assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Four years of college resulting in a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. Working experience managing various levels of GIS tasks for environmental projects and the GIS community. This position requires the completion of National Incident Management System (NIMS) training courses 100 and 700 upon hiring or within six months of employment/transfer/promotion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Versed in the technologies available to customize the data visualization process
● Ability to effectively interact with all levels of co-workers, management staff, citizens, and the public
● Ability to work extended hours as needed; attends evening/night meetings as required
● Ability to follow departmental policy on attendance
● Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening test and criminal background check
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. This description is subject to modification as the needs and requirements of the position change.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
PHYSICAL STRENGTH REQUIRED:
Moderate: Exerting 20-50 pounds occasionally, 10-25 pounds frequently, or up to 10 pounds constantly.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED:
Bending Carrying Crouching Crawling
Fine Dexterity Handling Hearing Kneeling
Lifting Pushing/Pulling Reaching Sitting
Standing Talking Vision Walking
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse