Title: GIS Analyst/Modeler
Location: South Kingstown, RI USA
RPS is seeking a GIS Analyst / Contaminant Release Modeler in their South Kingstown, Rhode Island office. This individual should have a strong technical background in GIS and an interest in environmental modeling. Some experience with numerical modeling is a preferred. Successful candidates will work with a growing project team to integrate geospatial environmental data and numerical models.
RPS is a global science and technology solutions company. Through consulting, environmental modeling, and application development, RPS helps answer technical questions from government regulators and industry associated with quantifying risks from the oil & gas and chemical industries.
· Research, gather, and prepare input data for modeling software
· Convert and integrate gridded and vector data from various sources
· Perform modeling studies using proprietary model software
· QA/QC model results
· Use/develop tools to analyze, interpret, and present model results
· Prepare report quality figures/maps of model inputs and results
· Prepare technical reports
· Undergraduate or graduate degree in a field such as GIS, engineering, oceanography, biology, or other environmental science with practical GIS experience
· Proficient with ESRI ArcGIS suite, including ArcGIS Desktop (10.x) and extensions such as Spatial Analyst
· Familiar with standard GIS formats: ESRI shapefiles, geodatabases, various raster formats
· Cartographic experience including the design of maps for reports, the web, posters, etc.
· Strong problem solving, organizational, and time management skills
· Solid technical writing skills
· Clear verbal communication skills
· Proficient with MS Office Suite
· Experience in modeling and the application of quantitative analyses to solve environmental problems associated with contaminants in terrestrial, aquatic, and/or atmospheric ecosystems
· Programming experience, including: Python, Matlab, Fortran, C# .Net, and/or Java script
· Working knowledge of ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, etc.
Successful candidates must be motivated and demonstrate an ability to work on highly dynamic and interactive projects both independently and as a team.
RPS is an industry leader and we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain exceptional talent by treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
· Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage for employees and families, with no waiting period and generous contributions to monthly premiums.
· 401(k) Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 5% of eligible compensation
· Share Purchase Plan, which enables employees to purchase shares via payroll deductions at 85% of market value, with the Company matching employees’ shares 1:1
· Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care costs.
· Performance-based bonus program.
· Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays.
RPS North America provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. RPS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and requirements governing nondiscrimination in every location in which we operate.
RPS North America provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advice across the US and Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and technology solutions to support our clients in all sectors of the economy. We serve as the North American platform of RPS Group, one of the world's preeminent consultancies.
To apply, please use the following link:
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse