Organization: The Sanborn Map Company, Inc.
Title: GIS Analyst / Programmer Intermediate
Location: Vallejo, CA
The Sanborn Map Company is looking to fill a GIS Analyst / Programmer Intermediate position.
Join Sanborn’s award-winning team! Sanborn is looking for a GIS Analyst / Programmer Intermediate to provide a full range of geospatial, software and database solutions and support for multi-disciplinary projects. Work on this project shall require expertise and experience with advanced GIS analysis and technology and relational database skills to assist in the development of geospatial applications and software extensions.
This position is located in Vallejo, CA however; travel may occur to other locations.
•Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Ecology, Wildlife Biology, Soils, Geology, Hydrology, Geography or related degree.
•Five years of intensive and progressive experience requiring extensive use of GIS and related tools.
•Master’s degree in GIS is highly desired.
• Develop complex SQL queries in consultation with national applications coordinator as well as other resource users. Outputs from these queries include complex spatial and tabular information presented and displayed for resource specialists.
• Create scripts to identify data discrepancies in current application databases, using information provided by regional data stewards and National Applications coordinator, then provide end users with discrepancy reports and correction direction.
• Perform landscape level project analysis in support of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) using existing applications, and apply these project principles across multiple business areas.
• Using MS Access software to create and develop custom output reports from National Application data.
• Create final reports, PowerPoint presentations, and AGOL story maps.
• Manipulate legacy electronic tabular and spatial information provided by regional sources into current data formats and for migrating it into corporate databases.
• Obtain necessary information from those that collected the data to understand and correct errors that are found.
• Work in concert with Mobile/Web GIS staff to ensure NRM standards and protocols are used.
• Develop business specific User Guides to assist program managers (PMs), users and other personnel in bulk data retrieval and display and uploading of geospatial information from corporate databases by creating custom maps, scripts and/or tools.
• Tasks also include slope, volume, area, and hill-shade analysis, and various spatial modeling including surface modeling, demographic modeling, travel time and cost analysis, dynamic segmentation and route analysis. Basic statistics for tabular analysis from various data sources.
In addition it is desirable that personnel also have the following skills:
• Background knowledge of hydrology, botany, wildfire, geology, soils, vegetation and infrastructure.
• Knowledge of NEPA processes within a Natural Resource agency.
• Familiar with mobile technology and application development for mobile devices.
•Advanced relational database management skills
•Proficiency with PL / SQL database programming language
•Development experience with scripting languages including Python.
•Experience with GIS analysis and technology including Esri software.
•Advanced knowledge of MS Access.
•Experience automating workflows
•Experience with software validation and testing
•Excellent communication skills
•Attention to detail
•Knowledge of USFS GIS data structures, National Application structures, and other agency structures including NHD and LSRS / ALP datasets a plus
CONTRACTOR PERSONNEL SECURITY AND SUITABILITY REQUIREMENTS
The following forms and inquiries, or their equivalent, will be used to initiate the credentialing process:
•OPM Standard Form 85 or 85P
•National Criminal History Check (NCHC)
•Release to Obtain Credit Information
•PIV card application
If selected to fill the position, a candidate would be required to pass a drug screen and satisfy the requirements of a National Criminal History Check (NCHC) to verify the identity of the individual applying for clearance and to determine the individual’s suitability for the position.
The position may require occasional travel.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current work visa.
Salary Range : 65k - 110k Annual
Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability and life insurance benefits.
Sanborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Vet/Disability.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse