Organization: Evari GIS Consulting, Inc.
Title: Senior GIS Analyst
Location: San Diego, CA
Senior GIS Analyst at Evari GIS Consulting
Evari GIS Consulting, Inc. was founded in 2009 with the mission of bringing value to clients through the high-quality implementation of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and related technologies. Evari GIS is a boutique consulting firm specializing in delivering custom GIS solutions for clients on the ArcGIS technology stack and Amazon Web Services platform. Evari GIS Consulting is a fast-growing business with one foot in traditional GIS Consulting and another in the innovation community. Evariís clientele includes some of the largest private companies, investor-owned utilities, and municipalities in the United States. The firm balances broad national relationships with a deep connection to the local San Diego community. Evari is currently under contract to provide GIS consulting services on traffic, planning, stormwater, street, and roadway lighting and energy services projects, among others. Evari seeks a Senior GIS Analyst to support Evariís operations and growth into the future.
About the Role
The main duties and responsibilities of the Senior GIS Analyst are to, under limited supervision, support the Operations team and Evariís clients by performing cartographical, statistical, and analytical processes using a wide variety of GIS datasets. They are responsible for maintaining and extending enterprise geographic datasets, performing updates and edits, analyzing data, and for generating production-quality maps, web GIS outputs, and other reports. Often the Senior GIS Analyst acts as a lead to coordinate efforts to deliver on various project-based work. Both under direction, and independently, they are expected to evaluate, extend, and develop scripts and tools that automate data capture, conversion, and display. While this position is focused on supporting our teams and clients by successfully completing work under contract, there is a substantial amount of process development, improvement, and sharing of complex GIS concepts. A key component to the success in this role is the demonstrated experience and ability to rapidly learn, understand, and grasp new technologies and to work independently and with Evariís teams to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Process data, perform analyses, and prepare complex maps and reports
- Work independently and with teams and clients to successfully complete work
- Troubleshoot data, processes, and analyze workflows to identify issues and create, recommend, and/or implement holistic solutions
- Leverage and maintain enterprise GIS databases
- Provide input on ArcGIS Server/Enterprise deployments
- Aid in the development of automated processes and tools for the enterprise environment, internal staff, and clients
- Interact directly with clients, managing expectations, and, with limited input, seeing projects through to completion
Successful Candidate Must Have
- Undergraduate degree in a related field and 3+ years of GIS experience
- High-level understanding of GIS concepts and Esriís ArcGIS Desktop including its related extensions and relational databases
- History of successfully delivering high-quality GIS outputs
- Experience working with clients and leading projects
- Experience with Python and Model Builder
- Ability to identify opportunities for GIS to bring value to clients
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to clearly document work in technical (tech memos) and non-technical writing
- Capacity and passion to rapidly learn and improve on the job
- Enthusiastic about sharing the value GIS can bring to projects
- Willingness to perform duties outside of the basic job description and quickly expand skillset into new areas
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing objectives and priorities
- Passion to stay abreast of GIS software trends and best practices
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office or similar products
- ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, Cartography, Web GIS
- Full time, hourly position
- Health benefits, including coverage for dependents (after 90 days)
- 401k retirement plan up to 4% match (after 1 year)
- Paid time off
- Professional development support - conferences, classes, etc.
- Phone and laptop reimbursements
Evari is a small, tight-knit team consisting of hard-working members who love bringing value to our clients through the use of GIS technology. We pride ourselves on always providing cutting edge solutions and evolving with the industry. Our clients value our commitment to their success, our willingness to adjust to meet their unique business needs, and our professionalism under all circumstances.
The selected candidate will work out of Evari GIS Consulting offices located in the heart of the North Park neighborhood in San Diego, CA. The candidate may need to travel to pre-bid meetings, interviews, trade shows, and presentations in clientsí offices. Travel may be expected approximately 5% of the time. Travel requirements and durations will vary.
How to apply
Please submit a 1-page cover letter to [email protected] explaining your interest in the position. Please also include a 1-page resume for consideration. This position is open until filled.
Evari GIS Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse