Organization: Ian Martin Group
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Syracuse, NY
Do you want to work for the largest electrical and natural gas utility companies in New York? They are currently looking for an GIS Analyst to support their facility in Syracuse, New York. They will accurately represent electric distribution assets in the organization’s GIS system by collaborating with stakeholders and referencing authoritative maps and/or photos.
• Hands on experience working with Electric utility GIS models and systems - Smallworld or ESRI
• Experience working with utility asset information - particularly electric distribution
• Experience working with other systems including work and document management
• Understanding of data management and quality principles
Duties can include:
• Contractor will compare the vendor photo and the assets identified to assets identified with the the Smallworld GIS system and assets located on the company’s regional control center index maps.
• Identify discrepancies and update the GIS system where appropriate recommend changes to the GIS and Index Maps for correction
• Confirm the photo quality and verify that the photo assigned is consistent with the asset information within GIS.
• Execute a series of checks which validate the connectivity of the feeder and update the GIS system as appropriate to correct any validation errors.
• Perform a quality control / quality assurance step on the feeder, ensuring that the proposed modifications are accurate based on the QAQC Status.
• Return corrections to the feeder to the Virtual Walk Down person for corrections. Prepare all Index Map changes and complex changes and send to the company’s Maps & Records Sharepoint site
• Close out a feeder by posting the GIS modifications within the system when a feeder has been determined to be clean of any issues / discrepancies.
If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply by sending your resume to [email protected]
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse