Organization: Land IQ, LLC
Title: GIS Developer
Location: Sacramento, CA
Land IQ is seeking a GIS Developer in its Sacramento, California office. Land IQ specializes in providing solutions to challenging environmental and agricultural problems throughout the western United States. Our areas of expertise include soil and water science, water quality and supply evaluation, land surface analysis, agricultural systems, ecosystem restoration, statistics, remote sensing, geospatial analysis, and regulatory policy. Land IQ helps clients develop high value, scientifically sound, proactive solutions to their complex, large-scale environmental challenges.
The successful GIS Developer candidate will be responsible for working with our team comprised of remote sensing/geospatial experts in a range of environmental, agricultural and ecosystem disciplines. Applicants must have strong fundamentals in developing high quality geospatial solutions including desktop and web applications. The GIS Developer will be expected to design custom applications to increase the functionality of standard software, automate GIS data functions, integrate databases, and create public/private web maps and data management applications. This position requires experience with the ESRI suite of software as well as the Python Oriented Open Source Ecosystem.
The applicant must also have excellent communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and perform work on-time and within budget resources. General knowledge of the natural resource/earth science field is a plus.
Position Location: Sacramento, CA
Hiring Timeframe: Immediate
Employment Type: Full Time, including benefits
- Develop unique solutions to address a wide range of complex environmental challenges.
- Utilize knowledge of hardware, software and application life cycles to deliver high quality products, tools and software enhancements in accordance with best practices
- Work in a team environment on a wide range of projects, supporting our team of scientists, remote sensing analysts, and other science-based disciplines.
- Be organized and methodical with communication and documentation capabilities
- Develop and refine existing applications, geospatial analysis protocols, and spatial and statistical modeling applications to help solve complex environmental and agricultural resource problems.
- Applicant must have the ability to make analysis protocols actionable through scripting and/or other programming capabilities.
Education: B.S. required, M.S. preferred in: Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field.
Experience required: 4 years of experience as GIS Developer or closely related position (consulting experience preferred)
Required Technical Competencies:
Minimum of 4 years’ experience in:
- Proficient in databases including SQL Server, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise infrastructure including ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, and ArcGIS Date Store; Experience managing multiuser GIS licenses, systems, databases, and environments.
- Fluency in ESRI suite of software, including ArcGIS Desktop, Collector for ArcGIS, Web App Builder Developer and custom widgets development.
- Create, modify, and maintain custom scripts and routines for GIS processes automation and applications using ArcGIS API for Python and arcpy.
- Familiar with Agile and git.
- Strong with cloud platform including Heroku and AWS.
- Project management and team lead.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Spatial/statistical modeling and statistics knowledge
- Applied GIS experience within natural science/engineering fields
Positive/enthusiastic attitude; self-motivated; team player, strong organizational skills, advanced communication and writing skills; personable; ability and desire to learn; develop and evaluate new ideas and approaches; attention to detail; strong QA/QC experience; effectively prioritize tasks and plan work; seek new geospatial solutions, applications and opportunities.
Contact: Please send resume/cover letter to [email protected] Also visit our website for more information at www.LandIQ.com.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse