Organization: RedCastle Resources Inc.
Title: Image Services Specialist
Location: Salt Lake City, UT USA
RedCastle Resources is a progressive, employee-friendly company providing state-of-the-art geospatial and information technology support to natural resource management agencies throughout the country and around the world. We specialize in the analysis of remote sensing, ecological, and other geospatial data, focusing on technical expertise and communicating with natural resource managers and other subject matter experts. The majority of our staff provide support through contracts with the USDA Forest Service, assisting National Forests, Regional and Washington Offices, USFS Research, International Programs, and partner federal agencies to use advanced geospatial data and technology for improved mapping, inventorying, and monitoring of natural resources.
RedCastle Resources is seeking an Image Services Specialist, who will have primary responsibility for the publication and management of enterprise map and imagery services on Forest Service- and USDA-provided IT platforms. Incumbent will have a lead role in recommending, designing, implementing, and maintaining the raster data management and services systems managed by the Geospatial Technology and Applications Center and serving the Forest Service, external agencies, and various government external-facing websites. Projects and operations include on-premise ArcGIS Server; multiple Amazon Web Services projects; remote website ArcGIS (and MapServer) services supporting fire-weather prediction, active-fire, and post-fire websites; and ArcGIS Enterprise pilot architectures. Current published data collections are comprised of over 700 services from approximately 750TB of imagery, with more than 30M requests monthly.
Principal duties will include receiving and responding to image services publishing requests, prioritizing service publication, and optimizing services to meet client needs and infrastructure requirements. Incumbent will also be expected to continuously assess new relevant technologies for their applicability to the enterprise raster data systems and incorporate these systems when appropriate. Coordination and communication with various groups throughout the center and agency is a critical function of this position. Ability to coordinate publishing activities with technical support staff to meet deadlines is essential. We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
• Experience publishing, optimizing, and automating ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Enterprise Image Services;
• Experience designing, installing, and maintaining ArcGIS Server and Image Server systems;
• Experience with Cloud-based (AWS) ArcGIS Server and cloud optimized rasters highly preferred;
• Demonstrated knowledge of geospatial data formats, coordinate systems, and geoprocessing;
• Knowledge of raster data formats (e.g., geotiff, img, sid, dem, cog, mrf) and their properties;
• Strong skills and experience in GIS scripting & automation using Python;
• Experience designing and managing geospatial databases (including ESRI file and SDE geodatabases) preferred;
• Experience architecting high-volume ArcGIS Enterprise Image Server and Portal systems preferred;
• Knowledge of RESTful concepts for geospatial webmap development using REST and ESRI APIs preferred;
• BA/BS or higher degree in an IT field, Geography, or Natural/Physical Sciences strongly preferred;
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic about geospatial technologies and natural resource or forest management, and capable of self-direction, working independently, collaboration with resource specialists and other scientists, and communicating complex geospatial and IT concepts to varied audiences.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position offers a generous benefits package which includes health and dental insurance, company matching 401K and profit sharing, long- and short-term disability insurance, and paid vacation and holidays. A moving allowance may be provided. Submit resume and cover letter to email below.
Email: [email protected]
For additional information, please call (801) 322-5100. RedCastle Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse