Organization: SWCA Environmental Consultants
Title: GIS Specialist
Location: Pasadena, California, United States, 91105
Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in GIS design and data management? SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a GIS/data specialist for our Pasadena, California office. Reporting to the GIS Program Manager, this position will support our natural and cultural resource professionals working on the Southern California Edison contract. In addition, this position may include collaboration and support from other SWCA GIS groups. This fast-paced job requires the ability to multitask while maintaining technical precision and working well both on your own and with others.
- Support GIS workload with the team to ensure that productivity goals are met and that projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Maintain a collaborative work environment between project managers and GIS specialists
- Help ensure overall quality of work is consistent with SWCA's standards and practices alongside other GIS team members
- Act as a technical and analytical lead within the GIS group for providing GIS solutions
- Use Esri ArcGIS Desktop/ArcGIS Pro for editing data, analysis and making maps, including the use of geoprocessing tools, symbolizing features, importing/exporting a wide range of data and file types, and producing report quality and field maps in a reasonable amount of time
- Data management and support for a variety of handheld GPS units using ArcGIS Mobile, Trimble GPS Analyst/Positions/GPSCorrect, ArcPad, Collector, and Survey 123
- Develop Web Maps/Apps/Dashboards for use on ArcGIS Online (AGOL) and Portal in conjunction with Collector and Survey123
- Create complex final map products using ArcGIS Desktop/Pro to show data representations such as basic (roads, streams, buildings, etc.), complex (buffers, overlays, merges, viewsheds, spatial joins and relates, etc.), and analytical (raster math, spatial analyses, models, multi-variate statistics, multi-dimensional data arrays, etc.)
- Help design, create, maintain, and QA/QC geospatial databases using ArcGIS Desktop/Pro, Smartsheets, or ArcGIS Enterprise
- Build tools and/or script programs to help in the automation of deliverables and the integration of spatial data with other programmable applications.
- Create documentation on processes for future use as well a present GIS related subject matter to groups
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Geography, Cartography, Archaeology, Biology, Environmental Science or related field with an emphasis in GIS (or GIS certificate); Master's degree a plus.
- A minimum of four (4) years of professional GIS work experience, beyond university attendance especially managing spatial data on large/complex projects.
- Prior work in natural or cultural resources management, remote sensing, and/or water resources, and prior experience working with federal land agencies such as the USFS, NPS, BLM, BOR, USGS, or other, is very desirable.
- Strong understanding of data quality control and assurances, troubleshooting complex data sets, and applying creative solutions to problems.
- Strong communication skills with a desire to contribute to a team effort
- Demonstrated ability of data transfer, data analysis, data mining, and data inventory using software applications (e.g. Windows Explorer, Excel, Access, Esri ArcGIS).
- Demonstrated knowledge of cartography and computer mapping including design principles and understanding map creation procedures in ArcGIS.
- General understanding of basic statistics, and geometric math computations (e.g., summary, distributions, frequency, min/max, range, angles, distance, slope, degrees, area).
- Demonstrated experience with GPS technology, field data collection techniques, data integration to a GIS, and troubleshooting of equipment and digital files.
- Demonstrated ability to apply spatial and 3D analyses, and raster math within ArcGIS while maintaining data integrity.
- Ability to produce presentations, and/or written protocol of methods for reports or within metadata to replicate GIS-related analyses or modeling techniques applied on projects is strongly preferred.
- Prior knowledge and experience with Enterprise geodatabases, creating database schemas, domains, ArcGIS Enterprise/Portal/Online web applications, network analysis, and/or application development is also a plus.
- Working knowledge of Esri ArcGIS Online, Collector, and Survey123.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email [email protected] or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/8OVrGkswZom5Io2zCRrja
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse