Organization: LexisNexis Risk Solutions
Title: Senior Data Scientist
The Property Analytics team is looking for a Sr. Data Scientist who specializes in GIS or has extensive experience in Geospatial data assets and tools and has demonstrated significant experience in implementing machine learning projects using GIS tools or geospatial datasets. The right candidate will be someone who has both strong drive with technical skills and communication skills and will play a key role in implementing strategic projects critical to the organization.
Job Discipline Description
Applies and integrates statistical, mathematical, predictive modeling and business analysis skills to manage and manipulate complex high volume data from a variety of sources
- Develops and maintains infrastructure systems that connect internal data sets; creates new data collection frameworks for structured and unstructured data
Recognized expert within the function
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations Trains/mentors junior staff
- Bachelorís degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science or a related quantitative field with a strong GPA (>3.2)
- 3 years of data science/machine learning experience.
- 3+ years of proficiency in working with relational databases/query languages (MSSQL, SparkSQL)
- Strong programming skills in Python and/or R (extensive experience with pandas, scikit-learn, NumPy, XGBoost, PyTorch in Python and rpart, party, caret in R) and/or Scala.
- Deep understanding of mathematical and statistical modeling. Ability to develop hypothesis and test and deploy complex machine learning models in production.
- Possesses the skill to partner well with cross-functional teams using strong written and verbal communication.
- Has strong analytical and research skills.
- Comfortable developing and iterating on data products in an agile culture
- 5-8 years of work experience preferred.
- Masterís in data science/Machine learning or Ph.D. in a Quantitative/Technical program
- Has experience in a world-class property and casualty, mortgage or financial services company. Has experience building fraud detection, classification/prediction and forecasting models in an insurance industry.
- Has experience developing production-ready machine learning or advanced statistical models. Experience in leading large-scale data science projects and delivering from end-to-end.
- Has strong technical experience in machine learning and statistical models and strong computing/programming skills in SQL, Python, R, Scala.
- Experience in data management and data analysis in on-premise and cloud database management systems (like SQL Server, Cosmos DB, Blob storage, etc.)
- Strong ability to lead projects, develop project plans and communicate project progress and develop business communications to share modeling results.†††
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to provide innovative approach to problem solving and demonstrate a track record of such.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse