Organization: Suburban Consulting Engineers, Inc.
Title: GIS Manager
Location: Flanders, NJ
Email: [email protected]
Company Website: http://www.suburbanconsulting.com/
Job Posting: http://www.suburbanconsulting.com/opportunities/gis-manager/
Office Location: 96 US Highway 206 Flanders, NJ 07836
Brief Description: Under direction, performs Geographic Information Systems (GIS) program planning, management, and coordination; infrastructure mapping and database management; and application development work. This position is also responsible for the overall coordination, development, implementation, operation, maintenance, and training. A GIS Manager plans, organizes, coordinates, and participates in the development and implementation of the organization’s GIS to meet the organization’s mapping and end-user service objectives. They provide expertise, support, assistance, and guidance to organizational staff and external contacts. Must have the ability to organize assigned work and develop effective work methods.
Examples of work/duties:
• Development of the GIS database and applications.
• Conducting use-case analysis of business functions to establish GIS application requirements and geospatial data model requirements.
• Identifying and defining appropriate applications of the system and associated GIS products.
• Planning and designing the analytic procedures and methodologies for performing the applications.
• Preparing initial work and cost estimates for GIS development activities.
• Develops and implements training programs, manuals, and provides technical support to internal GIS users and organizations clients.
• Planning and communicating specific work tasks for database creation and management, application development, and ongoing maintenance.
• Working closely with end users to identify GIS requirements, technical issues, and training needs.
• Analyzing current business processes and recommend best-practice solutions.
• Analyzing current GIS system functions, procedures, and capabilities to determine if improved methods are possible and develop and present proposals for new approaches and options to meet user needs.
• Analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving GIS application problems.
• Communicating with internal and external technical resources to resolve end-user issues and providing guidance to users on methods for correcting reported problems.
• Establishes data collection format and routines for data input and access for all users of GIS.
• Responds to requests by providing GIS maps, services, and support by applying GIS technology efficiently, effectively, and responsively.
• Oversees related staff activities by providing training, coaching, and technical support as necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*Note: The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
Requirements (education, licensing, certifications, etc.):
• Possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license.
• Four-year Bachelor’s Degree in Geographic Information Systems or related field.
• Five (5) years of Geographic Information Systems or related experience with GIS mapping and database management.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Desired Qualifications - Experience Using:
o ESRI and ArcGIS Software & Apps
o ArcGIS Enterprise
o ArcGIS Online
o ArcGIS Pro
o ArcGIS Reporting
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse