Organization: FLIR Systems, Inc.
Title: GIS Production Analyst
Location: Monona, WI
Location: Monona, WI
Type: Full Time
Deadline to Apply: Open - no deadline given by employer
The GIS Production Analyst is responsible for supporting the GIS data production and maintenance utilizing GIS applications. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, creating and administering models and scripts, data creation and manipulation, and providing first-line GIS data support to development teams. This role will also develop programs, procedures, and applications using GIS and related software tools. Specific project tasks will include the acquisition and importation of maritime-related GIS data from around the world into FLIR Maritime schema geodatabases and servers for both fresh and saltwater. A keen eye for detail is required for editing GIS datasets with accuracy to improve the end-user experience. This role will also create and edit digital media files for cartography. The GIS Production Analyst is an essential part of the team and heavily engaged throughout the life cycle of projects and production.
Regional Scope: Manage and execute GIS projects, assist in managing GIS personal, assist in project planning for Cartography department. Utilizing contractors for production tasks
Global Scope: Help expand the FLIR Maritime’s digital cartography’s scope, accuracy, detail, and density of GIS data to include worldwide coverage.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Performs Geographic Information System (GIS)-Production projects and tasks
• Uses Python coding to perform data conversion, data entry and map production
• Performs digital mapping product creation and updates
• Performs GIS data collection and implement the data into a central database
• Supporting and mentoring other developers GIS team members and interns
• Plans and executes major GIS/Database upgrades
• Assisting in cartography project planning and management
• Resolve specific functional and technical issues
• Performs geographic data entry and conversion
• Other office tasks as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, geography, computer science, or related field
• 3+ GIS Project experience
• Demonstrated experience with ESRI product suite including ArcMap, ArcPro, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox, ArcServer, Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst extension
• Knowledge of digitizing and data manipulations procedures for geographic information systems
• Development experience with Python and SQL. Creates scripts and tools for automating tasks and workflows
• Demonstrated experience managing GIS-based projects
• Experience of digitizing and data manipulation procedures for geographic information systems
• Technical trouble shooting.
• GIS Certificate or certification
• Visual Studio
• Experience with fishing, sailing, or boating recreation
• Web development and GIS development
• Working knowledge of Atlassian applications Jira and Confluence
• Less than one week of travel per year
• Office working environment.
• May require standing and walking for extended periods for trade shows and seminars
Apply Here: https://flir.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/flircareers/job/US---Monona-WI/GIS-Production-Analyst_REQ15163
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse