Organization: San Manuel Band of Mission Indians
Title: GIS Analyst II
Location: San Bernardino, CA
The Information Technology (IT) department for the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians (the Tribe) provides and supports a leading edge technology infrastructure to the organization in support of ever changing technological advances in the Gaming industry and the Tribeís enterprises. The ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is key to the success of the IT staff to meet the demands of this technically proficient and high demand department. Under the direction of the GIS Manager, the GIS Analyst II is responsible for maintenance of all maps, databases, Global Positioning System (GPS) systems, geospatial analysis, GIS web application development and design. The GIS Analyst II will be proficient with the enterprise GIS platform.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Designs, develops and maintains GIS map and web applications for paper and online distribution.
2. GIS administration (includes meetings, project participation, GIS architecture design, hardware upgrades, enterprise GIS platform maintenance, maintenance of SQL databases and training). Maintains a personal knowledge of GIS innovations and related hardware/software matters.
3. Collects data and information from a variety of authoritative sources for the development and maintenance of the GIS databases. Creates, edits, supervises Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) geospatial data including metadata documentation.
4. Conducts data verification and fieldwork that may require the use of GPS technology.
5. Creates statistical summaries, reports and spatial analysis with GIS data.
6. Performs preflight and postflight planning, flight operations, safety and management of unmanned aerial systems.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Bachelorís degree in Geography, or related field, with major course work in Geographic Information Systems is required
Minimum of six (6) years practical work experience, or six (6) years of practical work experience using ESRI software.
Experience using the ESRI Suite: ArcGIS Desktop 10.4 or later (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox, ArcGIS Pro).
Must have ArcGIS Portal administration, design and development experience.
Must have ArcGIS Server administration, design and development experience.
Must have SQL relational GIS database administration, design and development experience.
Must have working knowledge of PC applications: Windows and Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
Hands-on experience with Global Positioning System (GPS) technology and field collection techniques is preferred.
Must have excellent problem solving, time management and verbal/written communication skills including ability to communicate effectively with external and internal stakeholders.
Ability to work as a member of a team and work with tight deadlines.
Must be able to mentor entry-level team members.
Logged flight hours with Unmanned Aerial Systems is preferred.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driverís license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the companyís insurance carrier.
ArcGIS Professional certification is preferred.
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Section 107 UAV Sport Pilot License is preferred.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
PLEASE APPLY AT THE FOLLOWING LINK:
Please note: This position is based in the CITY Of San Bernardino.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse