Organization: Evari GIS Consulting, Inc.
Title: Lead GIS Field Technician
Location: 100% Travel
Lead GIS Field Technician
About the Role
The Lead GIS Field Technician role is part of the Operations Team and serves as Evariís on-site representative on audit projects across the United States. The responsibilities of the role include auditing efforts in support of client goals and providing training and guidance to other field technicians on how to safely, accurately, and efficiently capture data in the field.
The successful Lead GIS Field Technician is a driven, reliable field technician who communicates effectively with Evariís project leads and staff. They contribute directly to the success of projects by performing audits, verifying data accuracy, and training other field technicians. Depending on experience and workload, they may be asked to attend professional meetings and interact with clients in a limited fashion and there may be opportunities to contribute to various web and desktop-based GIS tasks.
- Travel to a variety of project sites nationwide representing Evari GIS Consulting, Inc.
- Support data collection efforts in the field by accurately capturing GPS location, photos, and attribute data about existing assets (e.g. street lighting fixtures)
- Train field technicians to safely, accurately, and efficiently collect field data
- Follow Evariís priority system of 1) Safety, 2) Data Quality and Accuracy, 3) Efficiency and Effectiveness in all data collection, verification, and data creation efforts and procedures
- Practice safety measures at all times when in the field, including wearing proper personal protective equipment, driving safely at all times, and staying in compliance with all Evari GIS and Client safety programs, as applicable to specific jobs
- Ensure accuracy on data collection, including assets collected by members of the field team, by practicing meticulous field observation and supporting QC efforts
- Take care of Evari equipment including but not limited to: vehicles, tablets, GPS units, and range-finders
- Communicate effectively with staff and curious public bystanders
Successful Candidate Must Have
- Undergraduate degree in GIS or a related field, and interest in energy efficiency/infrastructure projects
- Valid driverís license and active insurance
- Enthusiasm and excitement for delivering high-quality GIS solutions
- A positive attitude and ability to learn, apply, and train other technicians in the creation of high-quality, technical GIS work
- Ability and interest to lead and train others
- Ability to adapt to changing objectives and priorities
- Full time, 100% travel, hourly position
- $17/hr starting pay
- Health benefits, including coverage for dependents (after 90 days)
- 401k retirement plan up to 4% match (after 1 year)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Phone and laptop reimbursements
- 100% travel and lodging provided
Evari GIS Consulting has outlined a series of COVID safety measures for all of our field teams including but not limited to minimizing in-person employee interactions, required mask-wearing by all employees, and social distancing expectations.
How to Apply
Email a 1-page cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a 1-page resume to [email protected] This position is open until filled.
Evari GIS Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse