Organization: Northern Lights, Inc.
Title: GIS Administrator
Location: Sagle, ID 83860
Northern Lights Inc. (NLI) is seeking a professional and experienced individual to fill the position of GIS Administrator. The GIS Administrator is responsible for the Cooperative’s GIS solutions. This position will report to the Manager of Information Technology.
The GIS Administrator performs the design, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the Cooperatives’ Geographic Information Systems; databases, web development, spatial data creation, and system integrations. Demonstrate excellent technical competency, reliability in delivering mission critical data to support the Cooperative’s electric infrastructure, and who continually ensures the highest levels of accessibility, optimization, and security. Qualified applicants will have a strong background in electric utility mapping, SQL databases, and geographic information technology. Trains and supports staff on the use of technology and proper procedures.
NLI is headquartered within the Idaho Panhandle in the small community of Sagle, Idaho just five miles south of the City of Sandpoint. We are just 40 miles north of Coeur d’Alene and 65 miles east of Spokane, Washington; allowing easy access to the convenience of a large city. Our area is surrounded by mountains, forests, rivers, and Lake Pend Oreille, with many opportunities for water sports, winter skiing at Schweitzer Mountain Resort, and other outdoor recreation opportunities such as hiking, biking, fishing and hunting. This is a beautiful area with a vibrant community to live and enjoy the outdoors.
NLI is a member-owned distribution electric utility cooperative, serving approximately 21,000 metered accounts in northern Idaho, northwest Montana, and a small portion of northeast Washington. NLI has approximately 60 employees and offers excellent benefits including a pension plan, 401k with company match, health insurance, paid holidays, vacation time and sick leave.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ability to manage and monitor all installed GIS systems and infrastructure.
• Oversight of GIS infrastructure including design, development, installing, configuring, testing, deploying, maintaining, and documenting databases, application software, system modeling tools, and drawing and symbology standards.
• Ability to see potential issues and proactively ensure the highest levels of GIS systems and infrastructure accessibility and reliability.
• Integration of GIS, outage management, work management, accounting, customer information, meter reading, call center and engineer modeling systems.
• Research and purchase of GIS, database, and GPS systems and technology.
• Ability to be a self-starter, initiate new technologies, research, and continually increase knowledge and education.
• Responsible for mapping and reporting of utility and supporting land information. Ensure integrity and correctness of all geospatial data, via input, manipulation, and quality control.
• Consistently and successfully provide support and training to internal customers.
• Document, train, and provide continual support for field staff on Mobile GIS applications
• Excellence in communication as a liaison with vendors and other IT personnel to resolve issues.
• Assists with General IT Support to the Cooperative.
• Assist and support major storm/damage outage response and restoration as needed, often times outside of business hours.
• Ability to be reached by phone or text during non-working hours to provide emergency support, including 4-5 weeks a year of afterhours on-call duty.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Geography, Planning, Computer Science, or related field. Experience demonstrating responsible charge of GIS projects may be substituted for education.
• Five years of increasing responsibility in GIS technology. Required experience with ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise Software Suite. Specifically ArcMap, ArcGIS Server, Microsoft SQL, ArcGIS Online, Survey 123, and Collector.
• Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD
• Knowledge of industry specific solutions from Milsoft Utility Solutions Engineering and Operations Suite (WindMilMap GIS, WindMil EA, DisSpatch OMS), GeoDigital Workcenter Field Engineering, Landis+Gyr AMI, and NISC Accounting, Billing, and AppSuite solutions.
• Experience in programing and scripting languages (VBA, Python, SQL, and XML).
• Experience in web map programming and applications (XAML, HTML5).
• Experience with SQL and SQL server tools.
• Experience with survey and data collection technology (e.g. GPS, Trimble).
• Evidence of experience with mobile GIS technology on IOS such as ESRI Apps: Survey123 or Collector.
• Knowledge of Electric utility networks.
• Proven working experience installing, configuring, deploying and troubleshooting enterprise GIS environments.
• Proven ability to successfully and efficiently monitor GIS systems.
Licensing or Certifications:
• Must possess and maintain a valid Idaho State driver’s license.
• GISP or other professional certifications are a plus.
• Typical work day is in an office environment.
• At times, field work will be required in conjunction with normal office duties.
• May work around energized electrical facilities possibly to include substations, overhead and underground distribution lines and industrial construction sites.
• Travel may be required both inside and outside of NLI’s service territory.
• Work outside under various weather conditions and in varying types of terrain.
• To ensure all employees are provided with drug free and alcohol free working conditions, pre-employment, post accident, reasonable cause and random drug and alcohol tests are conducted on all employees.
• Must reside within 35 miles of NLI Headquarters in Sagle, ID.
• Must have sufficient health to perform the essential functions, duties and responsibilities of the job.
• Sitting/standing/walking/driving for extended periods of time.
• At times, may be required to perform work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds.
Starting salary range of $75,000-$85,000 depending on experience.
To apply, email resume and relevant information to [email protected]
Position open until filled.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse