Organization: Power System Engineering
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Madison, WI (other domestic locations will be considered)
This is an exciting time to join Power System Engineering (PSE). We have been partnering with electric utility, energy, agriculture, and industrial clients for over 40 years providing innovative engineering and consulting services and solutions As an industry leader, PSE fosters a culture focused on our employees and clients, forward-thinking, innovation, integrity, and safety which drives the growth and success of our company, and supports our clients in managing their power grid, water supply, gas systems, and communications networks more effectively.
PSE is looking for a full-time entry level Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst to join our highly collaborative GIS team. You will primarily work with PSE’s utility clients updating and maintaining their Geographical Information Systems (GIS) with opportunities for career growth. PSE is a leading Esri service provider in our industry looking to expand our team.
1. Develop and improve various GIS databases through map preparation, data entry, digitizing, editing and quality control techniques.
2. Interpret electric distribution construction and maintenance from Work Orders to update GIS databases accurately.
3. Identify and develop processes to automate data collection, data integration, and updates.
4. Continuing research in current literature, trends, and development in the field of GIS.
• Associates degree in geography with a concentration in GIS.
• Knowledge typically acquired through at least 1 year of experience with Esri’s ArcGIS platform.
• Familiarity with additional computer software tools including Office 365.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or geography with a concentration in GIS.
• Experience with information technology or related field.
• Knowledge of electric utility systems, gas and water utility systems is a plus.
• Proficiency with AutoCAD, SQL Server, Oracle Database and MS Access is a plus.
Skills and abilities:
• Possess ability to achieve quality results, be change-oriented, use effective communication skills, customer-driven, foster innovation, be a continuous learner, and display teamwork behavior.
How to apply:
Email a cover letter and resumé, as one .pdf document, to [email protected]; use the name of the position you are applying for as the subject line of the email.
PSE offers an excellent benefit package which includes paid time off, 401(k), health, dental, vision and life insurance.
PSE conducts drug screening and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
Authorization to work in the United states without visa sponsorship is a precondition of employment.
Power System Engineering is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, religion, color, ancestry, or national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse