Organization: Evari GIS Consulting, Inc.
Title: Senior GIS Analyst
Location: San Diego, CA
The Senior GIS Analyst is part of the Operations Team and reports to the Director of Operations. The primary responsibilities of the role are to, under limited supervision, work with and support Evari clientele and the Ops team, perform high-quality GIS work, bring value to clients, and solve complex problems. This role includes directly leading project-based GIS work, performing analytics, supporting team members, and creating and extending models and automation tools to streamline work.
The successful Senior GIS Analyst is experienced in interacting directly with clients, can lead GIS projects, can effectively complete and delegate work, and is responsible for maintaining and extending a wide variety of enterprise GIS datasets. Both under direction and independently, they are expected to evaluate, extend, and develop processes to support data capture, creation, conversion, and visualization. While this position is focused on supporting teams and clients by successfully completing work under contract, there is a substantial amount of process development, improvement, and sharing of innovative GIS concepts. A key component to success in this role is the demonstrated experience and ability to rapidly learn, understand, and grasp new technology and to be able to work autonomously and with Evariís teams while staying laser-focused on bringing value and high-quality solutions to clients.
- Interact directly with clients as a project lead, manage expectations, and see projects through to successful completion with limited guidance and oversight
- Process data, perform complex analyses, and prepare GIS outputs (e.g. databases, exports, maps, web apps, reports)
- Work independently and with teams and clients to successfully coordinate, delegate, complete, and deliver high-quality GIS work
- Troubleshoot data, processes, and analyze workflows to identify issues and create, recommend, and implement holistic solutions
- Leverage and maintain enterprise GIS databases, including web-based, client-facing front ends
- Train and coach fellow team members and clients
- Aid in the development of automated processes and tools for the enterprise GIS environment, internal staff, and clients
- Leverage Microsoft Office software and Google Suite tools
Successful Candidate Must Have
- Undergraduate degree in GIS or a related field and 3+ years, preferably 4-6 years, of increasingly complex GIS work experience
- Demonstrated work experience interacting directly with clients and leading projects
- High-level understanding of GIS concepts and Esriís ArcGIS Desktop including its related extensions and relational databases
- History of successfully delivering high-quality GIS outputs
- A positive attitude and drive to create and advance their own career and make a meaningful, lasting impact
- Experience with automation e.g. Python, Model Builder
- Ability to identify opportunities for GIS to bring value to clients
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to clearly document work in both technical memos and non-technical writing
- Capacity and passion to rapidly learn and improve on the job
- Enthusiastic about sharing the value GIS can bring to projects
- Willingness to perform duties outside of the basic job description and quickly expand skillset into new areas
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing objectives and priorities
- Passion to stay abreast of GIS software trends and best practices
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office or similar products
- ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, Cartography, Web GIS
- Must have a valid driverís license and active insurance
- Work primarily in our San Diego office in North Park (outside of COVID-19 related office closure)
- Work remotely while the Evari office is closed due to COVID-19
- Be able to travel outside of San Diego 15% of the time for stretches up to 2 weeks
- Full time, hourly position
- Salary range is $55-75k annually, based on experience
- Health benefits, including coverage for dependents
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Professional development support: conferences, classes, etc.
- Phone and laptop reimbursements
The selected candidate will work out of Evari GIS Consulting offices located in the heart of the North Park neighborhood in San Diego, CA. The candidate may need to travel to pre-bid meetings, interviews, trade shows, and presentations in clientsí offices. Travel may be expected approximately 5% of the time. Travel requirements and durations will vary.
How to Apply
Please submit a 1-page cover letter explaining your interest in the position along with a 1-page resume to [email protected] with the following subject: Senior GIS Analyst - Candidate. This position is open until filled.
Evari is a small, tight-knit team consisting of hard-working members who love bringing value to our clients through the use of GIS technology. We pride ourselves on always providing cutting edge solutions and evolving with the industry. Our clients value our commitment to their success, our willingness to adjust to meet their unique business needs, and our professionalism under all circumstances.
Evari GIS Consulting, Inc. was founded in 2009 with the mission of bringing value to clients through the high-quality implementation of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and related technologies. Evari GIS is a boutique consulting firm specializing in delivering custom GIS solutions for clients on the ArcGIS technology stack and Amazon Web Services platform. Evari GIS Consulting is a fast-growing business with one foot in traditional GIS Consulting and another in the innovation community. Evariís clientele includes some of the largest private companies, investor-owned utilities, and municipalities in the United States. The firm balances broad national relationships with a deep connection to the local San Diego community. Evari is currently under contract to provide GIS consulting services on traffic, planning, stormwater, street, and roadway lighting and energy services projects, among others. Evari seeks a Senior GIS Analyst to support Evariís operations and growth into the future.
Evari GIS Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse