Organization: Greenville Water
Title: GIS Supervisor
Location: Greenville, SC
For more information or to apply, please access our website: www.GreenvilleWater.com / JOBS
The GIS Supervisor maintains our GIS computer mapping system / computer-assisted design / drafting storage system and supervises 3 GIS Technicians.
• This is critical information since a Water Utility must be able to locate many assets: water mains, customer water meters, fire hydrants, etc.
• Coordinates all GIS related computer technology systems and works closely with the IT department.
• Provides support and training and support for the Engineering Department. Develops, maintains, and supports web-based GIS applications.
• Develops and maintains asset registry for Infor Employee Asset Management (EAM).
• Ensures accuracy and synchronization of EAM and GIS datasets.
• Prepares annual and five-year plan for GIS development, forecasts technology trends applicable to the Engineering Department.
• Reviews, evaluates, and tests computer software.
• Prepares procedures and creates programs for Greenville Water digital mapping.
• Plans and conducts organized storage and retrieval of GIS information and distribution for the company and authorized external agencies.
• Responsible for ArcGIS Server and SQL Server including design, installation, hardware requirements and maintenance.
• Administers, monitors, tunes and optimized GIS web and application servers to ensure their security, fault tolerance and efficient performance.
• Supervises 3 GIS Technicians as well as summer Interns.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse