Organization: Community Attributes, Inc
Title: GIS and Data Analyst & Developer
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Deadline: 2021-06-24
Classification: Regular, full-time, Exempt
Reports To: Senior Program Manager, Data Systems & Technology.
Please submit your application materials through the online portal - https://www.indeed.com/job/gis-and-data-analyst-developer-fe073253e6eb5586. Applications received by other means may not be considered. Cover letters are optional but will be considered as part of the application if included.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority given to applications received by Friday, June 4th, 2021.
About Community Attributes, Inc.
Community Attributes Inc. (CAI) is a growing consultancy that helps clients make informed decisions and evaluate results utilizing demographics, economic and financial data, geographic information systems (GIS), and other evidence-based methods. We apply our expertise across multiple disciplines, with a particular focus on regional economics; land use economics; community and economic development; surveys, market research and evaluation; data analysis and business intelligence; and information design.
As a growth-oriented, boutique consultancy, we seek talented and skilled individuals who are inspired to help our clients improve the lives of the individuals and communities they serve. We seek a skilled GIS and data analyst to support ongoing spatial analysis and cartography, contribute to our cutting-edge mapping and data visualization applications, as well as contributing to our economic analysis and planning projects. The position may begin remotely, and when in-office opportunities are safe, would preferably work in a CAI office in Seattle, Denver, or Memphis.
This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work expected of the individual holding this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
The ideal candidate will bring the following credentials:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in geography, urban planning, or related fields preferred
• Consulting experience in spatial data analysis, economics, urban planning or real estate (2-3 years’ experience preferred).
Technical skills and expertise required:
• Advanced skills in all or most of the following:
- ArcGIS desktop and Arc GIS Online skills
- SQL database development and management skills
- Web-based GIS platforms and/or other web development
- Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Creative Suite
- Tableau or Power BI
• Ability to apply spatial data analysis to community and regional development challenges
• A passion for maps, cartography and information design
• Strong skills in demographic and economic data acquisition, management and analysis
• Passion and expertise in urban planning, land use, real estate, workforce, and economics
• Familiarity and experience with ESRI data products, local, regional, and national data sources in demographics, economics, and planning.
• Experience communicating technical information efficiently through writing and information design
A willingness to learn and assist in all aspects of a small and growing firm is also required. We desire task-oriented, creative individuals, capable of independent and resourceful problem-solving, able to learn quickly and work well in a team environment. We hire ambitious professionals that excel in their field and wish to contribute to a learning culture. We offer competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Community Attributes actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates from a variety of backgrounds, and multicultural candidates are encouraged to apply.
Community Attributes is an equal opportunity employer. All employees and potential employees will be recruited, selected, trained, promoted, and, if necessary, disciplined without regard to sex, race, religion, creed, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political ideology or activity, disability, honorably-discharged veteran or military status. All applicants are carefully screened and full consideration is given to their training, education, skills, aptitudes, experience, and previous work record. In addition, Community Attributes does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information in its employment related policies and practices, including coverage under its health benefits program.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse