Organization: Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC) is the Philadelphia region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization. We believe DVRPC is a place to work, learn, and create a career in a professional and stimulating environment that values diversity, innovation, and bringing your best self to work. If your background and experience match the following vacancy, we would like to hear from you.
The Office of Geographic Information Systems is seeking a GIS Analyst to provide data, analytic, and cartographic support to DVRPC’s staff, our member governments, and the public. The successful candidate will have opportunities to work on many varied and rewarding projects that may include transportation, land use, the environment, economic development, and equity.
This position involves the operation and application of GIS technology to create, analyze, and visualize geospatial information. The GIS Analyst will work closely with other technical staff and planners to help develop solutions for meetings, reports, and the web. Work is performed in accordance with general agency policies and professional standards with results subject to technical review by senior GIS staff.
• Assist with all aspects of geospatial data development including creation, manipulation, quality assurance, and documentation.
• Meet with staff to provide expertise in defining data needs, project requirements, and required outputs.
• Maintain timely communication with planning staff and GIS management throughout the project’s life cycle and produce process documentation when requested.
• Design and develop cartographic products to support planning activities.
• Represent the GIS office and the Commission at meetings and public forums as required.
• Perform related work as required.
• Proven experience with ArcGIS Desktop (ArcGIS Pro preferred) and ArcGIS Online.
• Knowledge of GIS data editing procedures.
• Ability to design and prepare maps for reports, meetings, and presentations.
• Ability to interpret aerial imagery for data creation and editing.
• Ability to provide desired geospatial data solutions using geoprocessing tools.
• Possess strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and stay organized.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with DVRPC associates, public and private agency planning officials, consultants, and the public.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent oral, written, and visualization communications skills.
Experience & Training
To classify as a TS I, an Undergraduate Certificate in GIS or an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college/university with major course work in GIS, cartography, or geography is required. Online or PDF portfolio is required.
SALARY: Hi $40,000s to Low $50,000s (position level & salary commensurate with education & experience)
TO APPLY, SEND RESUME / CV WITH COVER LETTER TO HUMAN RESOURCES VIA:
EMAIL: [email protected]; OR
FAX: 215-592-9125; OR MAIL: 190 N. INDEPENDENCE MALL WEST / 8TH FLOOR / PHILADELPHIA, PA 19106-1520
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse