Organization: Horry County Planning & Zoning
Title: GIS Planning Analyst
Location: Greater Myrtle Beach Area
Application Deadline: 2021-06-18
Salary Range: $48,095-$72,144
Under minimal supervision, maintains and develops GIS data and products for departmental use and by other County staff, government agencies, utilities, developers, and the public. The primary responsibility of this position is to conduct daily review and maintenance of the Horry County GIS Zoning Layer and the development and maintenance of other departmental GIS data and maps as needed. Coordinates with other department staff to provide GIS technical assistance and analysis, in addition to providing department staff with GIS tutorials and trainings. This position will assist with posting properties, producing public notice mailing lists, analysis of conditions, and providing maps for the technical review of the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, and other meetings as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Regular quality assurance and quality control of the Horry County Zoning layer using City Works Software and ESRI ArcMap.
• Monthly updates the Variance and Rezoning layers monthly.
• Semi-Annual updates to the Major Developments Layer, specifically in January and July.
• Maintains other departmental GIS data as needed or requested, including metadata.
• Maintains the department’s GIS files on the G Drive.
• Maintains the department’s basemap that is utilized by the members of the department for analysis and decision-making purposes.
• Creates professional, high quality maps to include in reports, plans, posters, and presentations.
• Responsible for coordinating mapping needs with IT/GIS and the Assessor’s Office.
• Responds to both internal and external mapping, analysis, and data requests.
• Develops professional quality reports and maps as requested.
• Coordinate with IT/GIS to ensure that the department’s GIS data within Energov, the County’s ArcGIS HUB, and Online GIS map is accurate and up-to-date.
• Provides GIS training and assistance to other members of the department.
• Maintains working knowledge and proficiency in ArcGIS, new versions of the software, and tools.
• Assists with rezoning, variance, mining, and other public hearing cases, including mapping of sites, posting properties, producing public notice mailing lists, and other analysis as needed for the department to thoroughly require cases and ordinances.
• Provides addressing assistance, as requested.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
Qualified candidates must possess an Associate’s Degree in Geographical Information Sciences (GIS), computer science, geography, engineering, surveying or other relevant field with a minimum of two years of GIS work experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully meet the job responsibilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Minimum: ArcGIS Desktop Entry Certification; Preferred: ArcGIS Desktop Associate Certification.
For a complete job description and to apply, visit: https://www.horrycounty.org/Employment.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse