Organization: Evari GIS Consulting, Inc.
Title: Jr. GIS Analyst
Location: San Diego, CA
Junior GIS Analyst
The Jr. GIS Analyst is part of the Operations Team and reports directly to the Director of Operations. The primary responsibilities of the Junior GIS Analyst are to efficiently and effectively complete routine GIS desktop tasks to support Evariís teams and clientele. They successfully complete assigned tasks and aspire to increase their ability to solve problems for clients and to develop the required GIS, IT, and professional skills necessary to become a GIS Analyst.
The successful Junior GIS Analyst is expected to hone their craft in working towards stepping into the GIS Analyst role while completing repetitive, GIS project-based work. They are able to effectively leverage GIS to assist team members on project-based work in building, maintaining, modifying, and using GIS data and databases. They demonstrate the ability to rapidly learn and apply new concepts and build and grow their technical GIS and professional skills including, but not limited to: technical writing, professional verbal and written communication, becoming meticulous and detail-oriented, performing analyses, building reports, prioritizing and handling multiple projects and tasks, and working both individually and as part of a team in a fast-paced, challenging, and complex environment.
- Able to take direction and successfully complete routine GIS tasks in a timely manner
- Assist Evari team members in solving problems and delivering solutions in support of project-based contract work, furthering Evariís mission
- Under increasingly limited supervision, process data, perform analyses, and prepare data exports and deliverables including maps, documentation, metadata, and reports
- Work effectively with Evari staff and clientele
- Be professional in conduct, manner, and wear appropriate attire at all times
- Operate and maintain GIS system hardware, tablets, vehicles, GPS units, etc.
- Use Microsoft Office and G Suite tools
- Learn the expectations, responsibilities, and requirements of the GIS Analyst position and demonstrate the aptitude to grow into this role
- Assist with and participate in presentations to clients and users
Successful Candidate Must Have
- Undergraduate degree in a related field, GIS field experience or 1+ years of relevant experience preferred
- Basic understanding of GIS concepts and Esriís ArcGIS Desktop including its related extensions and relational databases
- Enthusiasm and excitement for delivering high-quality GIS solutions
- A positive attitude and drive to create and advance their own career and make a meaningful, lasting impact
- Ability to be professional in all client and staff interactions
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts in the creation of high-quality, technical GIS work
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to document work in technical (tech memos) and non-technical writing
- Capacity and passion to rapidly learn, grow, follow instructions, and improve on the job
- Enthusiastic about learning the value GIS can bring to projects
- Willingness to perform duties outside of the basic job description and to quickly expand oneís skillset into new areas
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing objectives and priorities
- Passion to learn and stay abreast of GIS software trends and best practices
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office or similar products
ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, Cartography, Web GIS
Junior GIS Analyst Requirements
- Must have a valid driverís license and active insurance
- Work daily out of our San Diego offices in North Park (outside of current COVID19 related office closure)
- Work remotely while the Evari office is closed due to COVID19
- Be able to travel outside of San Diego 15% of the time for stretches up to 2 weeks
- Be able to drive and/or walk for 8 hour periods
The selected candidate will work out of Evari GIS Consulting offices located in the heart of the North Park neighborhood in San Diego, CA. The candidate may need to travel to pre-bid meetings, interviews, trade shows, and presentations in clientsí offices. Travel may be expected approximately 15% of the time, for up to 2 weeks. Travel requirements and durations will vary.
How to Apply
Please submit a 1-page cover letter explaining your interest in the position along with a 1-page resume to [email protected] with the following subject: Junior GIS Analyst - Candidate. This position is open until filled.
Evari is a small, tight-knit team consisting of hard-working members who love bringing value to our clients through the use of GIS technology. We pride ourselves on always providing cutting edge solutions and evolving with the industry. Our clients value our commitment to their success, our willingness to adjust to meet their unique business needs, and our professionalism under all circumstances.
Evari GIS Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse