Organization: City of Fort Lauderdale
Title: Senior GIS Analyst
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL USA
SENIOR GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS (GIS) ANALYST
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
The City of Fort Lauderdale employees possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
This is advanced professional, technical, and administrative work of more than average difficulty in supporting the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) needs of the City. Works with departments and/or divisions to evaluate areas where the application of GIS can be used to facilitate improvements; configures and maintains map-centric web applications and web services; configures and maintains enterprise geodatabases in relational database management systems (RDBMS) software. Acts as a lead worker.
To apply, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fortlauderdalefl/jobs/2901730/senior-geographic-information-systems-gis-analyst
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Full Time Position within the Information Technology Services Department
$67,317.12 - $104,355.26 Annually
The City of Fort Lauderdale offers a comprehensive benefits package to all regular full-time employees including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability insurance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning essential duties not listed herein if such duties relate to the position.
- Participates in the administration of the City’s enterprise GIS
- Installs, configures and maintains server-side GIS software
- Administers ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online
Participates in the training and mentoring of GIS Analysts
- Makes recommendations for improvements to methodologies and procedures supporting the enterprise GIS
- Designs and implements data schemas for the City’s enterprise GIS database and for specific GIS solutions
- Conducts studies of City departments and their subcomponents to identify and implement added value uses of GIS and other location-based technologies
- Leads collaborative efforts to implement map-based solutions with sub-functions that include establishing requirements, formulating project plans, and managing timelines for implementation
- Designs and implements map-based solutions, many of which may be interactive solutions built using web technologies
- Implements configurable Esri applications and solution templates
- Creates and updates Esri web services
- Supports the data science and related data analytics needs of City departments, particularly those associated with data including a geographic component
- Creates scripts and tools for automating tasks and workflows
- Updates data in the City’s enterprise GIS database
- Provides ongoing software and data support to users of GIS software
- Conducts formal and informal training of GIS concepts and software
- Provides after hours technology support as needed
- Stays abreast of developments in the GIS field and other related technology disciplines
- Performs related work as required
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, geography, engineering, mathematics or a related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the GIS field to include experience administering and using ESRI's ArcGIS suite of software.
- Additional coursework at an accredited college or university in a job related field, may substitute on a year-for-year basis for one year of the required experience.
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid State of Florida driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- On-call availability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Positions working with Police systems will require an in-depth employment background check, including a polygraph exam, and will be conducted as part of the post offer onboarding process if this position is deemed security sensitive.
- Essential Employees may be required to work during a declared emergency. The employee’s Department Head will determine who will be required to work.
For more details and to apply, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fortlauderdalefl/jobs/2901730/senior-geographic-information-systems-gis-analyst
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse