Organization: Houston-Galveston Area Council
Title: GIS Analyst (Developer)
Location: Houston, TX
About Houston-Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being or our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
What will I be doing?
•Develop and maintain interactive data tools, web mapping applications, and story maps supporting the region’s planning activities
•Provide interactive tools/solutions to collect, analyze and manage large-scale GIS datasets
•Serve internal and external data requests and provide technical support on GIS programs
• Demonstrate experience in developing GIS web-based mapping applications
• Additional Experience in Python automation (ArcPy and ArcGIS API for Python), D3, Tableau, deck.gl, and Mapbox
• Sharp critical thinking skills, ability to analyze spatial data, and strong written and verbal communication skills
Do you have…
• Bachelor’s degree in an applicable academic discipline or related field of study
• 3 years of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, school or in job related duties
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse