Organization: GEOGRAPH Technologies, LLC.
Title: GIS Developer / Software Engineer
Location: Clemson, SC
The Software Engineer is responsible for all aspects of designing, developing, maintaining, managing, documenting, deploying, training and supporting the company's commercial and inhouse software applications and extensions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Designs, develops, maintains, creates, deploys, supports GIS software applications and extensions based on Esri® ArcGIS® platforms and technologies.
- Designs, creates data and object models to support application business rules and requirements.
- Applies best practices for application development and design including workflows, tools, governance models, and integration patterns.
- Resolves customer support requests via phone, web conference and/or Zendesk support portal.
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of software documentation and procedures.
- Assists and supports Project Managers in meeting deliverable requirements and deadlines.
- Supports Project Managers with planning and estimation of projects based on past project retrospectives.
- Communicates task status, needs and issues to team members and managers.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, organize, adjust to changing priorities, and work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Two or more years of professional experience with application development
- Experience developing in or extending at least one of the following Esri® software platforms: ArcGIS® Desktop, ArcGIS® Pro, ArcGIS® Enterprise, ArcGIS® Web AppBuilder
- Experience working with SCRUM and Agile development techniques
- Experience modeling, creating, and modifying local and enterprise geodatabases, including: Standalone Tables, Feature, Relationship, Annotation and Dimension classes, Domains and Subtypes, and Geodatabase Versioning in multi-user environments
- Must have good time management skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional Qualifications Preferred, but not required
- Experience using CrescentLink® software
- Knowledge of the Telecommunications industry, specifically in network design and/or operation
- Experience creating, managing and modifying local and enterprise geodatabases, including: Geometric Networks and Geodatabase Replication
- Experience administering enterprise level geodatabases like Microsoft® SQL Server
- Experience performing GIS analysis in ArcGIS® Desktop or Pro
- Experience migrating CAD data and other nontraditional GIS like systems to ArcGIS® formats
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
All interested candidates, please submit an application by visiting our website.
*Preference will be given to candidates that can work onsite and are willing to relocate to the Greenville/Clemson SC area. Remote candidates are considered based on qualifications and experience. All selected candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse