Organization: Evari GIS Consulting, Inc.
Title: Senior Business Development Associate
Location: San Diego
Evari GIS Consulting, Inc. is seeking a high-energy and highly-motivated Senior Business Development Associate to join our San Diego team! This full-time position will be responsible for designing, implementing, and executing marketing activities and will report to the Director of Business Development.
The successful candidate will possess technical expertise in the ArcGIS Technology Stack and related technology, with 3-5 years of increasingly responsible professional work experience using GIS to support the AEC and utility industries. Experience with all aspects of successfully pursuing work, including proposal writing, interviewing, and contracting is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Client account management, lead generation, qualifying, developing and closing deals and securing orders for GIS-related requests in our current industries of Utilities/Telco/State and Local Government/Commercial and Transportation
• Independently develop new accounts by following up with prospects as well as initiating contact with prospective customers
• Manage contract negotiations to closure
• Collaborate with Business Development and Operations teams to ensure aligned approach and delivery to customers
• Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years’ experience using ArcGIS technology stack in a professional setting
• Previous business development experience in GIS/IT software Industry is highly preferred
• Organized, strong work ethic, flexible, positive attitude and team player
• Willingness to learn new skills in GIS and graphic/document design to support the above efforts
• 3 - 5 years’ experience in professional services project management and business development
• Good understanding of GIS value preposition
• Able to effectively work across teams
• Excellent customer interface skills - communication & ability to deliver presentation, drive meetings
• Ability to develop and maintain long term valued relationships with key clients
• Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment, work effectively under high pressure, growth mode
• Must be self-motivated with a proven track record of customer acquisition and retention
● Organized self-starter; ability to work independently, problem solve, prioritize and multi-task under strict deadlines
● Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills
● Extreme attention to detail and desire to produce superior work
● Works well with all types and levels of people, and without close supervision
● Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, ArcGIS Desktop,vis a plus
Following the lifting of COVID restrictions, the selected candidate will work out of Evari GIS Consulting offices located in the heart of the North Park neighborhood in San Diego, CA. Travel may be expected approximately 20% of the time. The candidate will primarily travel to pre-bid meetings, interviews, trade shows and meetings/presentations in clients’ offices. Travel requirements and durations will vary.
• Full time, hourly position
• Salary commensurate based on experience
• Health benefits, including coverage for dependents (after 90 days)
• 401k retirement plan up to 4% match (after 1 year)
• Paid time off
• Professional development support - conferences, classes, etc.
• Phone and laptop reimbursements
How to apply
Please submit a 1-page cover letter to [email protected] explaining your interest in the position. Please also include a 1-page resume for consideration.
Evari GIS Consulting, Inc. was founded in 2009 with the mission of bringing value to clients through the high-quality implementation of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and related technologies. Evari GIS is a boutique consulting firm specializing in delivering custom GIS solutions for clients on the ArcGIS technology stack and Amazon Web Services platform.
Evari GIS Consulting is a fast-growing business with one foot in traditional GIS Consulting and another in the innovation community. Evari’s clientele includes some of the largest private companies, investor-owned utilities, and municipalities in the United States. The firm balances broad national relationships with a deep connection to the local San Diego community. Evari is currently under contract to provide GIS consulting services on traffic, planning, stormwater, street and roadway lighting, and energy services projects, among others.
Evari GIS Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse