Organization: Prince William County Service Authority
Title: Geospatial Data Manager
Location: Woodbridge, VA USA
Under the direction of the Director of Data Management, the Geospatial Data Manager plays a senior technical and management role at the Service Authority. The position is responsible for planning and administering quality and completeness of the GIS asset register for linear and vertical assets to include but not limited to: development of initiative strategy, identification and prioritization of projects, project planning, administration of department resources, continuous improvement of department processes and standards, and employee performance management. This position serves as a leader, project manager, and key team member in accomplishing the Department’s and contributing to the Division of Data Management objectives. This position is also responsible for the following:
• Embracing performance excellence and the Malcolm Baldrige Framework.
• Evaluating and ensuring work processes are documented, measurable and effective.
• Understanding stakeholder requirements and seeking continuous improvement and innovation.
• Exhibiting and emphasizing the Authority’s mission, vision, and values; and supports the
Authority’s initiatives and business goals.
• Leading by example and engages, inspires and encourages other employees.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for the strategic direction, planning, development, and operation of the Service Authority GIS asset register (linear and vertical assets that represent the Service Authority water distribution, wastewater collection, facilities, and wastewater treatment plant).
• Responsible for development and execution of Enterprise Data Department strategy, program plans, in alignment with vision and strategy of the Division of Data Management.
• Lead collection of business requirements from all other Service Authority Divisions and align Enterprise Data Department work products with priorities of the Division of Data Management.
• Develop Enterprise Data Department tactical and operational plans and perform frequent planning adjustments to ensure alignment of Department initiatives with Service Authority needs.
• Develop and administer Division of Data Management policies, processes, standards, and Service Level Agreements.
• Lead Geospatial Data teams and manage applicable department resources.
• Integrate Geospatial Data strategy/plans with other related technology strategy/plans across Division of Data Management and the Division of Information Technology.
• Responsible for management of Geospatial data related projects including gathering of requirements and priorities, surveying satisfaction, and stakeholder adoption.
• Plan and administer vendor contracts and monitor performance.
• Select, train and evaluate staff, and take appropriate actions to improve performance when necessary. Initiate actions regarding hiring, transfer, promotion, leave, performance and other personnel actions.
• Direct and monitor the quality of work performed within the Enterprise Data Department.
• Prioritize tasks in a manner conducive to meeting divisional and organizational goals and objectives.
• Prepare and deliver briefings to senior management and the Board of Directors and/or public as required.
• May be deemed essential at any time.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Specifically, must be able to interpret and communicate technical communications to a wide audience.
• Ability to plan and manage complex technology projects that span multiple departments and divisions from project identification through project closeout.
• Develop contract scopes of work and manage the schedule, budget, and delivery of Task Orders and/or Work Authorizations.
• Strong technical skills related to the management of GIS data.
• Expertise in GIS concepts, tools, terminology, and application of GIS to solving business problems.
• Expertise in GIS production processes and tools and ability to lead GIS teams (ESRI GIS product expertise required).
• Ability to execute cost/benefit analysis with consideration for the Total Cost of Ownership of technology investments.
• Ability to define and plan the inter-dependencies of this position’s work across Customer, Financial, Operations, and Workforce functional areas.
• At least six years of progressively responsible experience in the design, development, and operation of Geospatial data initiatives, to include at least three years of management responsibility, which includes supervision/management of others.
• Ability to multi-task and problem solve effectively under deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology, Technology Management, Geography, or related field.
• Any combination of education and experience as described above.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Master’s degree (MA/MS) in GIS, Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology, Technology Management, Geography, or related field.
• Five (5) or more years of management responsibilities related to the production and use of Geospatial data and supervision/management of others.
• Experience in an infrastructure intensive industry such as water and wastewater, energy, etc.
Salary Range: $95,335.50 - $128,017.50 Annually
TO APPLY, OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://www.pwcsa.org/careers
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse