Title: Geospatial Solutions Analyst
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Application Deadline: 2021-08-14
InterDev is now seeking to add a talented, motivated, and experienced Geospatial Solutions Analyst to our growing GIS team. The Geospatial Solutions Analyst provides essential spatial products and services to support our local government client’s needs. Through the public-private partnership model of government, InterDev provides IT and GIS Services to the City of Milton. Our focus is on providing an engaging GIS environment where staff and the community are encouraged to participate and contribute. The Geospatial Solutions Analyst is a key player in that role by providing exceptional customer service and technical proficiency in spatial analysis and cartography.
The Geospatial Solutions Analyst demonstrates, above all, a passion for leveraging GIS technology to deliver creative solutions that leave a positive impact on the community. The Geospatial Solutions Analyst also demonstrates thorough knowledge and experience with the ESRI ArcGIS suite of products, preferably in an enterprise environment and/or a local government setting. Familiarity with publishing and maintaining GIS web services as well as experience working within the ArcGIS Enterprise environment are also important for this role.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who brings new and imaginative ideas to solve unique problems and will have 2-5 years of relevant professional GIS experience.
We have a compassionate and fun culture and seek team members who embrace and thrive in the same.
- Assist in administering ArcGIS Enterprise (ArcGIS Server, Portal, Geodatabases) and ArcGIS Online
- Perform spatial analysis and create information products (maps, reports, etc.) using ArcGIS Desktop software, advanced geoprocessing tools, and other processes
- Develop tools and templated applications that engage staff and community
- Maintain GIS integrations with departmental systems (CityView, HiperWeb)
- Maintain data for key infrastructure such as addresses, roads, utilities, parks, and other assets
- Perform data edits from a variety of source materials (imagery, surveys, as-builts, plats, etc.)
- Develop, implement, and improve GIS standards, policies, and procedures as needed
- Provide GIS training to staff as necessary
- Provide end-user support services for City-provided GIS software (ESRI suite) including diagnosing and resolving issues
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
- Knowledge of GIS, geospatial, and digital cartography fundamental concepts (datums, projections, coordinate systems, etc.)
- User and administrator experience with the ESRI ArcGIS suite of products (Desktop, Pro, Server, Portal, Geodatabases, ArcGIS Online, etc.)
- Experience editing within multi-user enterprise geodatabase environment
- Demonstrated cartographic design and high-quality map standards
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with non-GIS staff to determine business needs and develop GIS products and services to solve those needs
- Interpersonal skills: telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer care
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is applied to GIS
- Display a positive attitude toward complex challenges as well as performing repetitive tasks
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and work as a member of a team
- Ability to adapt to changes in work priorities while managing expectations and competing demands in a delivery-driven environment
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
- Knowledge in government operations, city planning, or related field
- Familiarity with land records and/or reading and interpreting plats and surveys
- Knowledge of, or experience with SQL for querying spatial and non-spatial data
- Experience in designing and administering an enterprise geodatabase based on MS SQL Server
- Experience with applying extract, translate, and load processes to spatial and tabular data, such as using FME or programming
- Experience in creating Python scripts as applied to GIS workflows
- Familiarity with fundamental concepts in computer science
- ESRI technical certifications
- GISP professional certification
- Formal education in GIS with related experience or coursework
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: $55,000-$60,000
Since 1980 InterDev has been providing professional Information Technology Management Support and Security services for commercial businesses, government entities/municipalities, non-profits, and a variety of organizations across the Southern and Mideastern U.S. In addition to managing and hosting IT operations for our valued clients, we are an industry leader in Geographic Information Services, and Telecom & VoIP platforms. InterDev is a proud ESRI Certified Silver Partner, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and Barracuda Networks Certified Diamond Partner.
We work hard, embrace high standards in our quality of services model, and take pride as a pacesetter in our industry. Here at InterDev, we care about our associates.
We are dedicated to:
- Work/life balance
- Job satisfaction
- Professional development opportunities
- Health & wellness
We offer comprehensive benefits including:
- 401(k) with employer contributions
- Health insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Company funded professional development and continuing education programs
- Other employee incentives
Check out the full job posting on our website: https://www.interdev.com/about-us/careers/
To apply, email: [email protected] and attach your resume.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse